Deion Sanders: Undercover Boss

canetomm

Recruit
Watched Undercover Boss with Deion brought back a pretty cool memory from my college years at FSU. First of all, it wasn't easy being a Cane fan going to FSU but what could I do, I was just a Ridge Rat from Southridge. Anyways, it reminded me an awesome sight. The football players at FSU played intramural basketball. Must have been '88 and we went to watch the Football team battle the best Frat team in the intramural championship. It was incredible watching Deion, Charlie Ward, Leroy Butler, Lawrence Dawsey, and Edgar Bennett year those frat boys up. Deion never went to class, so I guess he had time for intramural. Anyways, they even used footballs to practice alley oops before the game. Prime Time was in his glory. Should have been a Cane. The tiny gym was packed. Don't even know if ole Bobby even knew they played or not. Doubt coaches today would be too happy if their football players were playing intramural sports. Anybody got similar memories of seeing Miami players out like this? Peace

Advertisement
Watched Undercover Boss with Deion brought back a pretty cool memory from my college years at FSU. First of all, it wasn't easy being a Cane fan going to FSU but what could I do, I was just a Ridge Rat from Southridge. Anyways, it reminded me an awesome sight. The football players at FSU played intramural basketball. Must have been '88 and we went to watch the Football team battle the best Frat team in the intramural championship. It was incredible watching Deion, Charlie Ward, Leroy Butler, Lawrence Dawsey, and Edgar Bennett year those frat boys up. Deion never went to class, so I guess he had time for intramural. Anyways, they even used footballs to practice alley oops before the game. Prime Time was in his glory. Should have been a Cane. The tiny gym was packed. Don't even know if ole Bobby even knew they played or not. Doubt coaches today would be too happy if their football players were playing intramural sports. Anybody got similar memories of seeing Miami players out like this? Peace

Neon Deion and Charlie Ward on the same team? Sounds...impossible.

Anyhow, I went to UM Law with Charlie's wife, whose name was (yes) Tonja Harding.

Advertisement
It was commonplace years ago for football players to make up a couple of intramural basketball teams. My only problem with Deion has ever been that he wasn't a Cane. Phenomenal athlete. That had to be fun watching those guys Hoop it up in ntramurals up there. Did they run it up on everybody or what?

When I came along at fsu, athletes weren’t allowed to play intramural sports. Plenty of football players always hooping at the Leech though.

I did have front row seats to watch some of the football players beat the **** out of the Sigmas in the student union

Advertisement
Go back to Warchant...

Advertisement
Ive never heard this story so if you dont mind. Im all ears, sounds like a great story.
Sean walks in to Practice Gym next to Hecht...Puts his backpack down...Proceeds to put on Dunk display for 10mins...(I'm talking Tomahawk Style)...Gets backpack...walks outta Gym leaving everyone including Rice with their jaws on the ground.

We had a student/teacher basketball game Sean’s senior year at Gulliver. The Figueroa twins (who played baseball at UM) were throwing him lobs all game. Those poor, poor teachers.

Advertisement
It was commonplace years ago for football players to make up a couple of intramural basketball teams. My only problem with Deion has ever been that he wasn't a Cane. Phenomenal athlete. That had to be fun watching those guys Hoop it up in ntramurals up there. Did they run it up on everybody or what?

There’s 3 Noles that I wished were Canes, and had no business being Noles b/c they were too cool for that fake *** program:

1. Sanders
2. Brooks
3. Dunn

Fvck the nolies but the one guy I always thought was sick for them was Warrick..

Agree. Dunn was a joystick; had a solid NFL career too. But yeah; everybody else from FSU can kiss my ***. Deion, Brooks, and Warrick Dunn should’ve had orange & green on.

There’s 3 Noles that I wished were Canes, and had no business being Noles b/c they were too cool for that fake *** program:

1. Sanders
2. Brooks
3. Dunn

I’ll add Adrian McPherson to that list. NCAA did him so dirty.

Advertisement
Back