defensive targets left

ball915

All-American
just reflecting on all of our defensive woes this year and there seems to be a heavy amount of solid offensive commits that we have and some quality ones on the DL coming in. with that being said, what LB's and DB's are we in serious contention with?

Advertisement
This I my question also. I haven't followed this cycle near as closely as I have in the past 10 years for multiple reason but now I'm getting the itch of recruiting again. From the looks of it we need DB and LB and I don't see many elite players at those positions in this class.

Guys who will visit and have Miami in their top 5
DE Kentavius Street 5 star
DE Edmond Bateng 4 star (He is rated the top JUCO DE by every other recruiting site. He will EE)
DT Claude Pelon 4 star (JUCO and he will EE)
DT Cory Johnson 4 star (currently committed to Kentucky JUCO and he will EE)
LB Dvonta Derricott 4 star (currently committed to Kansas State)
CB J.C. Jackson 4 star (currently committed to Florida)
CB Kendall Randolph 4 star
S Dravon Henry 4 star
S Kiy Hester 4 star
S Marques Gayot 3 star

Last edited:
Our linebackers in this class are elite. Mccray if he sticks is a MONSTER. Darrion Owens has the speed of a CB but will translate to a very good LB at the next level and Juwon Young is pretty much a monster.

Advertisement
DE Edmond Bateng 4 star (He is rated the top JUCO DE by every other recruiting site. He will EE)
S Dravon Henry 4 star
S Kiy Hester 4 star

appreciate it, shouldn't there be more names on that list though?

nah we already have

Nighel Bethel DB
Ryan Mayes DB
Dennis Turner (possible DB)

young lb
mccray lb
owens lb

moten dl
thomas dl
trent harris dl
wyche dl
valentine dl
mike smith dl
courtnel jenkins dl
demitrius Jackson DL

That is basically half the class with 8 guys on the DL with offers to 3 more in JC Jackson Pelon and Johnson who we have a legit shot at.

S Dravon Henry 4 star
S Kiy Hester 4 star

appreciate it, shouldn't there be more names on that list though?

I am sure there are, but these are they only guys that I can think of.

We just need a plug n' play athlete like JC Jackson for the secondary in this class. It's the one thing keeping it from being absolutely stellar.

Advertisement
Is Street a legitimate shot for us? I've been wanting him in a Cane jersey since his junior year.

I want another LB, preferably a JUCO.

A little scary with just Figs, Kirby, Armbrister, Grace, Blue. Then McCord and AQM as OLB I guess as well.

Advertisement
We need safeties, bad. It's the glaring hole in the class right now that needs to be addressed down the stretch.

I dare anyone to try to construct a 2-deep for next year. Someone in HS right now might be on it from day 1.

There will be plenty more offers going out within the next 2 months, along with tons of surprise visits etc. Happens every year. Theres always a couple surprises no one saw coming

Advertisement
There will be plenty more offers going out within the next 2 months, along with tons of surprise visits etc. Happens every year. Theres always a couple surprises no one saw coming

+1

Corn, Griffin, AQM….. Golden is gonna bring in the sickest class since those of Sean T, Winslow...

IIRC, Pelon is being pegged as a DE - not a DT. Johnson and Wyche are the JC DTs.

Advertisement
Back