Defensive talent

The good news for opponents is that the safeties start 20 yards from the LOS, soooo opposing teams need not worry until they are 4-5 yards past the LOS about the safeties.

Advertisement
jamal carter needs to learn how to tackle. he's whiffed on so many open field.

EVERYBODY on this team whiffs on a lot of tackles. Cause they're having to tackle rb's running thru gaping holes or wr's running free in the secondary catching everything wide open and in full stride.

So he can only tackle with alot of help? Hopefully he's better cause he was atrocious before. He may be a physical specimen but he played like the guy in the next cubicle over from me, who you don't want to see.

I'll take Butch's still scholarship depleted 99' defense, over Golden's defense going into His fifth year any day. Morgan,Webster,Campbell, & Blades were killers, don't see none of that on this defense.

Man...I thought Perryman got better each year. It was something special to watch him play. Just like Beason...I recall people disliking him, and I thought he was a baller. I thought Duke got more physical and NFL ready as his career progressed. IMHO the jury is still out with Coley. Chick...well Chick is Chick and just like Golden's record the numbers speak for themselves.

Advertisement
Bush
Grace
McCord
Kirby
Burns
Howard
Thomas
AQM
Elder
Johnson
Owens
Harris
Carter

they all had offers from big-time programs

Man...I thought Perryman got better each year. It was something special to watch him play. Just like Beason...I recall people disliking him, and I thought he was a baller. I thought Duke got more physical and NFL ready as his career progressed. IMHO the jury is still out with Coley. Chick...well Chick is Chick and just like Golden's record the numbers speak for themselves.

Solid work.

Perryman was instinctive and a hitting machine. Can't coach that. Duke was Duke (fr year still my favorite). Physicality is still questionable though. Coley certainly has the physical tools, the question mark is mental toughness. I think the other Coley will play a major role in whether or not Stacy lives up to the hype. Dude can't be bubble screen or burst. JColey needs to get SColey involved more as a number two receiver across the middle of the field, creating mismatches and doing damage against LBs and Ss. Talent is there, but we can't overcome Golden's coaching numbers.

Advertisement
Back