Defensive Tackle Weight

Nah you look goofy lame áss nígga. The video is literally in the **** post. The vid is about the scheme clown. You look goofy every day tryna build clout on the internet foh

I’m trying to get internet clout OFF OF YOU??!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Got **** I’ve lowered my standards; trying to get clout off a dumb ninja. Fooooooock; thanks for the reality check, pal.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pure lame and can’t read for shít

Nah, I can read just fine, but I’ve realized something in these interactions w/ u; I’m breaking my NY Resolution of going back & forth w/ another dummy which I vowed to never do.

Just make sure the next time u’re talking about Bama when the person u’re specifically replying to is talking about UGA, & his statement is UGA DEFINITELY HAS NOT GOTTEN SMALLER, u just make sure to reply “But, Alabama slightly has” & then use Will Anderson as ur example so there’s no confusion, OK?

Nah, I can read just fine, but I’ve realized something in these interactions w/ u; I’m breaking my NY Resolution of going back & forth w/ another dummy which I vowed to never do.

Just make sure the next time u’re talking about Bama when the person u’re specifically replying to is talking about UGA, & his statement is UGA DEFINITELY HAS NOT GOTTEN SMALLER, u just make sure to reply “But, Alabama slightly has” & then use Will Anderson as ur example so there’s no confusion, OK?
You lame I’m not reading this shít lol

I love the carnage

1000001358.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Philly runs a multiple. A 3-4/4-3 over hybrid.

So, the DT numbers vary.
this is true of tennessee as well, and they're in the "base 3-4" category, which isn't really accurate. there are fewer and fewer nfl teams left that are really rigidly 3-4 or 4-3 any more. that distinction kind of went out the window with the proliferation of spread concepts in the pro game and teams running base nickel etc. it's easier (for me at least) to think of the teams that *are* multiple than the ones that aren't.

For those who laughed at my "fat ***"-statement, I was actually being serious. Bill Belichick made his scouts and Nick Saban look at DTs butts at the 40 yard dash to draft the one with the biggest ***. And it's true, New England and their DTs, they all had a fat ***, going from Vince Wilfork to Malcom Brown from Texas to Lawrence Guy to now Christian Barmore and Davon Godcheaux. I could also name Adam Butler, who wasn't a run stopper, but set up stunts every time he went on the field (and our pass rush was nasty with him). Bill always wanted fat assed D-Linemen inside.

Apparently, he associates that with the ability to anchor at the LoS and generate more drive inside on a bull rush.

Miami shutdown offensive juggernauts BCU, Miami-OH, Texas A&M, and Temple.

Run D vs. teams with no pulse on O:
BC 5.5ypc 2 TDs
Rutgers 4.6ypc 3 TDs
UVA 3.1ypc 2 TDs

Run D vs. Meh offenses:
GT 3.7ypc 2 TDs
Clemson 0.9ypc 0 TDs
NCSU 4.0ypc 1 TD

Now look at the Miami run D vs. teams with a pulse:
UNC 5.5ypc 1 TD
L'ville 4.8ypc 2 TDs
FSU 1.8ypc 2 TDs
The front 4 was decimated with injuries the second half of the season so BC, Louisville, and Rutgers tells you little other than depth issues in 2023.

Advertisement
Of the 5 DT's this staff has signed this offseason, (3 Portal and 2 High School) who do you believe won't play well?

Simeon Barrow RSR 6-3 300
C.J. Clark RSR 6-3 305
Marley Cook RSR 6-2 298
Justin Scott FR 6-4 310
Artavius Jones FR 6-4 305

@Ghandi saw Cook in person up close and thought he was 6' not 6'2". He doesn't look 298. Are those weights verified? Jones was reportedly 280 on 247 a few months ago.

But to answer your question, Barrow and Clark to me are roughly equivalent replacements of JHH and LT. I don't see them as dramatically better or worse. I also don't think you can count on true freshmen (Scott and Jones) to provide meaningful snap support. It's very rare especially at DT. For example, LT played a decent amount as a true freshman, but he wasn't disruptive.

I do see the supporting cast overall as an upgrade. On top of the freshmen (and despite what I just said above, I think Jones has the potential to help out even in 2024), we still have Horton who hopefully fully recovers from his injury. We have Moten. Both should be better due to S&C and development. Cook certainly seems better than Gore even if he's shorter and lighter than reported.

But we really need 1 more 1-and-done quality guy to make a significant step, IMO.

@Ghandi saw Cook in person up close and thought he was 6' not 6'2". He doesn't look 298. Are those weights verified? Jones was reportedly 280 on 247 a few months ago.

But to answer your question, Barrow and Clark to me are roughly equivalent replacements of JHH and LT. I don't see them as dramatically better or worse. I also don't think you can count on true freshmen (Scott and Jones) to provide meaningful snap support. It's very rare especially at DT. For example, LT played a decent amount as a true freshman, but he wasn't disruptive.

I do see the supporting cast overall as an upgrade. On top of the freshmen (and despite what I just said above, I think Jones has the potential to help out even in 2024), we still have Horton who hopefully fully recovers from his injury. We have Moten. Both should be better due to S&C and development. Cook certainly seems better than Gore even if he's shorter and lighter than reported.

But we really need 1 more 1-and-done quality guy to make a significant step, IMO.

I may be the progenitor of the “I stood next to him” meme on this board, but I’m telling you guys that dude is not 6’2, and not 300lbs.

Advertisement

Outside of top-tier QB's (Williams, Ward) and hopefully Martinez, the portal is just 3* guys being swapped around. Maybe one plays the 1-tech better than the other or hasn't ****ed you off yet. But it's just the Spider Man point meme 9/10 times

A common theme for Mario since Oregon. Dozens of players out by the end of the season, every season. And typically key starters.
I think that is overblown, but it is certainly magnified when you lack adequate depth. Injuries are part of the game. Every team goes through them
The top programs can adjust because they have enough depth.

This idea that you ‘MUST” have a 320 pounder starting on the defensive line is simply not true. Yes I would love to have another 320+ DT outside of Ahmad Moten, who is listed at 6-3 325, but the NFL shows that it’s simply not necessary.

Of the 32 NFL teams 16 run a 4-3 Base and the other 16 run a 3-4 Base.

There are 48 starting Defensive Tackles in the NFL, with only 15 of them weighing 320 pounds or more. Of those 15, 8 of them play in a 3-4 defense where only 1 defensive tackle is on the field.

Now of the teams that runs 4-3, like UM, there are only 7 starting DT’s that weigh 320 or more. So of the 32 starting DT’s in the NFL, playing in 4-3 base defenses, only 7 of them weigh 320 or more while the other 25 are less than 320. The average weight for a NFL 4-3 Base DT is 308 pounds.

Starting NFL Defensive Tackles

4-3 Base Teams

Arizona Cardinals
DT Bilal Nichols 6-4 313
DT Justin Jones 6-3 309

Buffalo Bills
DaQuan Jones 6-4 320
Ed Oliver 6-1 287

Chicago Bears
Andrew Billings 6-1 311
Gervon Dexter 6-6 312

Cincinnati Bengals
Sheldon Rankins 6-2 305
B.J. Hill 6-3 311

Cleveland Browns
Dalvin Tomlinson 6-3 325
Shelby Harris 6-2 288

Dallas Cowboys
Chauncey Golston 6-5 268
Osa Odighizuwa 6-2 280

Detroit Lions
Alim McNeill 6-2 315
DJ Reader 6-3 335

Green Bay Packers
Devonte Wyatt 6-3 304
Kenny Clark 6-3 314

Houston Texans
Denico Autry 6-5 273
Foley Fatukasi 6-4 318

Indianapolis Colts
DeForest Buckner 6-7 295
Raekwon Davis 6-7 325

Kansas City Chiefs
Derrick Nnadi 6-1 317
Chris Jones 6-6 310

Las Vegas Raiders
Christian Wilkins 6-4 310
John Jenkins 6-3 327

New Orleans Saints
Nathan Shepherd 6-4 315
Khalen Saunders 6-0 324

New York Jets
Javon Kinlaw 6-5 319
Quinnen Williams 6-3 303

San Francisco 49ers
Maliek Collins 6-2 310
Javon Hargrave 6-2 305

Washington Commanders
Daron Payne 6-3 320
Jonathan Allen 6-3 300

AVERAGE WEIGHT 308

3-4 Base Teams

Atlanta Falcons
David Onyemata 6-3 300

Baltimore Ravens
Michael Pierce 6-0 355

Carolina Panthers
Shy Tuttle 6-3 300

Denver Broncos
D.J. Jones 6-0 305

Jacksonville Jaguars
DaVon Hamilton 6-4 335

Los Angeles Chargers
Poona Ford 5-11 310

Los Angeles Rames
Bobby Brown III 6-4 324

Miami Dolphins
Benito Jones 6-1 335

Minnesota Vikings
Harrison Phillips 6-3 307

New England Patriots
Davon Godchaux 6-3 330

New York Giants
Dexter Lawrence II 6-4 340

Philadelphia Eagles
Jordan Davis 6-6 336

Pittsburgh Steelers
Keeanu Benton 6-4 309

Seattle Seahawks
Jarran Reed 6-3 306

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Vita Vea 6-4 347

Tennessee Titans
Sebastian Joseph-Day 6-4 310

AVERAGE WEIGHT 320

Miami 2024 Defensive Tackles as of today (05/07/2024)

Simeon Barrow RSR 6-3 300
C.J. Clark RSR 6-3 305
Marley Cook RSR 6-2 298
Anthony Campbell RSR 6-7 300
Ahmad Moten RSO 6-3 325
Josh Horton RFR 6-4 295
Justin Scott FR 6-4 310
Artavius Jones FR 6-4 305

AVERAGE WEIGHT 305

Top notch post!

Advertisement
I don't know why 320 is the magic number but lots of guys in the original post were pretty **** close. They're like one trip to Chipotle from being 320, so I don't really think that this post debunks much. Whether the guy is 312 or 320, I think that's just splitting hairs.

Fact of the matter is, MOST elite DT's are in the 310-320 range. There's exceptions, but usually those guys have some kind of elite trait that allows them to make-up for their lack of size. Aaron Donald runs a 4.7 and has unreal twitch. You make exceptions for guys like that, which is what the great evaluators do. (i.e. Pitt)

It's not about weight as much as it is about traits.
Programs like Georgia are getting the 300 pounders with "pop" and explosiveness, while we've been getting the 300 pounders who are lumbering and soft. Leonard Taylor had all the athletic traits to be elite, but he's soft. He has no interest is putting his hands on OL and being a bully. Georgia has guys that are stone cold killers.

Our system prevents spelling his last name ???

I’ve always been a fan of Kevin ***an starred here than was a high draft pick of the 49ers.

600 pound bench , squat 630 a physical specimen 6’4 280 plus carried monster size arms 23” .

Kevin is one of our most forgotten stars played his career as a 49er and of course Super Bowls.

Research Kevin and you’ll find a true NFL BEAST

Love to find another one of him again

Advertisement
Back