Defensive Substitutions

GODsRebel

Redshirt Freshman
Subbing is very much neccessary for the DL. Why is Manny subbing whole front 7 every other series like a **** hockey team....tell me they are keeping the D fresh for these upcoming games

Advertisement
I imagine he's trying to get the most reps possible in order to evaluate all of his players going forward. That's the ideal thing to do against inferior opponents.

Subbing is very much neccessary for the DL. Why is Manny subbing whole front 7 every other series like a **** hockey team....tell me they are keeping the D fresh for these upcoming games

DOnt wanna see back up linebackers or safetys against FSU...stick woth rotating the Dline, jaquan johnson colbert and call it a day

Well...how many times have our backups failed to capitalize on seeing playing time? Why change something that ain't broken...

If you have Chad Thomas being spelled by Joe Jackson...Thomas forces GT into a TFL with some nice pressure, then the next play you take him out and Jackson ends up with a gift and returns a fumble for a TD...WHY THE FCK ARE WE COMPLAINING?

Only time to ever complain about rotations is if there is a noticeable talent drop off, and/or you have starters that absolutely need to see tons of playing time because they only dominate when they are on the field forever.

Advertisement

DOnt wanna see back up linebackers or safetys against FSU...stick woth rotating the Dline, jaquan johnson colbert and call it a day

That's a good way to make sure half your defense is gassed by the 4th quarter

That's a good way to make sure half your defense is gassed by the 4th quarter

People obviously don't remember 2014 and what fatigued humans look like when they are trying to tackle Dalvin Cook

Advertisement
Advertisement
There's a reason we aren't gassed in the 4th quarter anymore. Conditioning in practice, the off season program, and Diaz's rotation.

We haven't given up any pts in the 4th this year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Trying to build and manufacture some depth, Rebel.

That's what I figured....just didn't know if that's the norm for Manny to sub the whole 2nd team front 7 every other series. I'm used to rotating different positions at different rates

Yeah Coach Kool is the DL coach. And I promise, he's got every single guy who plays, ready to play football. DL get gassed easily. If they weren't subbing I promise you GT would have scored in the 4th. As it turns out, they didn't.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back