Defensive strategy on our last TD

PensacolaCane

Redshirt Freshman
We were already in almost sure range for a game tying FG. There was only enough time for one play before otherwise having to kick the FG. Why wouldn't FSU (or any team in that situation) hold or interfere or do anything to prevent a TD. All that would happen would be giving a shorter FG attempt that would not be that significantly easier. OT and still a chance to win.

I've seen same situation when an interference penalty would not attain FG range yet the receiver is allowed to make the catch and set up the kick whereas the penalty would only allow a final Hail Mary pass.

I'm glad FSU didn't do anything like that because we might not be celebrating now

Advertisement
You are correct but that takes a high level on intelligence in a high pressure situation . Not something you see how a many coaches even really good ones. Saban would done that probably but not many others. Also that pass was perfect not much you could do there.

Advertisement
IMG_0245.jpg

Advertisement
OP is actually ****ed off we went for the throat, made a great play, and won.

It's hilarious how this game has exposed the miserable fake fans who wanted the program to die with Golden

It's hilarious how this game has exposed the miserable fake fans who wanted the program to die with Golden

Wrong. Just saying that if the tables were turned I think I'd rather have the Miami D tackle the receiver before he would ever have a chance to catch the ball than give up the winning TD. Just glad Jumbo and Kelly didn't go that route.

Not sure how that makes me a fake fan.

You are correct but that takes a high level on intelligence in a high pressure situation . Not something you see how a many coaches even really good ones. Saban would done that probably but not many others. Also that pass was perfect not much you could do there.

Get off his d*ck. Wht the f he aint do it last year when Deshaun Watson was roasting his secondary

wasn't a very vanilla call from richt I'll give him that

go for it all he said

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back