Defensive stat

Advertisement
Advertisement
First Texas A&M has a huge OL with talent. Their interior is strong and good. Their tackles especially RT is where you can attack, but the refs were letting them get away with holding so it helped neutralized our pass rush some.

Then we lost Deen and Mesidor in first half, so the backups were having to play more snaps. Bain played 58 snaps. You don't want your DE playing that many snaps eapecially a true freshman. They were little gassed so Guidry brought more bodies for pressure than he probably wanted to.

Watch Guidry’s presser from yesterday. He talks about how once our interior got hit with those injuries he started doing more exotic stunts/blitzes every play, whereas typically he’d really only do it on 3rd down. Also, he mentions how this really was nothing different than anything else in his career. He’s always had smaller teams that were athletic so they could move around and counteract bigger opponents through speed disrupting things. Exactly how he beat Notre Dame last year and the kind of coach we’ve been begging to have here for so long.

Mario/Mirabal got the Oline. Keep letting Guidry and Dawson cook with the schemes and oohhh boii watch out. This could get real fun.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Barring some of these injuries being long term, I think this DL will just continue to get better.

Weigman also seems to be the real deal. Props to him for making something out of nothing on a number of plays. We probably get another 2-3 sacks if we play a Cade Klubnik, Brennan Armstrong, Jake Plummer type.

Looking forward to seeing what the DL does to some of the weaker OLs and less athletic QBs.

If you are going to blitz you have to get home. Miami was successful most of the time. Sorry not like when Manny would get burnt blitzing too much. Plus the contain on Weigman was good also. He did not have any long runs. CMC said the pass rush was not as good after Mesidor left the game. I would have like to have had a couple sacks but the pressure was enough to keep Weigman from lighting it up. Take away the 10 points from the early kicking game mistakes and the defense only gave up 23 points. Going to win a ton of games holding the other team to 23 or less.

Blitzes...not delayed ones...that actually disrupted the offense.

What a concept.

Common Sense & a Base level of Competence from our coaching staff.

Mane I done seen it all now. Jesus take the wheel i’m good to go.

For the last 20+ years kids have overcome 2 opponents simultaneously. Ones across the ball and the geniuses corchin them in the box.

Salute to all those soldiers that got clowned relentlessly by outsiders for simply following terrible orders that continuously put them in position to fall flat on their faces in the biggest moments of most of their young lives.

Whata Time to be Alive Fam.

Advertisement
What's a bit non-Miami is how soft we play coverage. About every snap we're 10yds off the ball. But if it works it works

Advertisement
aTm qb was superb. Watched replay last night
He was hit and pressured all night and threw 1, maybe 2 poor passes.

On D we need to seriously tighten up middle of field. W stunts at DL, we ran ourselves wide and there was NO ONE home inside. A running qb will devour us, and a good TE will feast.
We also were caught too many times by RB out of the backfield. And, yes, it comes down to a numbers game. But our backers and safties need to be weary, as aTm left a few points on the field

Cannot wait to see what we can do against lesser lines though

He was rattled on what felt like most of the blitzes but made some pretty great plays as well. Disrupting the timing I think was crucial for our secondary
You have to give Weigman credit. That kid was under pressure all game and he still managed to make a ton of plays. Kid has a strong arm and isn't shy about firing into tight windows. He's smart, accurate and very mobile. He's going to be a good one.

Advertisement
Back