Defensive staff for Butch

What does everyone think about Pruitt? Not sure if he's a product of good recruiting or good coaching.

He seems to have done pretty decent at his last three stops.

Advertisement
I'm torn between Ed Reed and Ray Lewis as DC. Ed might be more technicality sound, but no one motivates like Ray.

This **** is so stupid.. I cant believe people think this is at all a possibility.. im actually embarrassed for people who believe they could be DC..

Though if Ed is serious about wanting to coach here as a DB coach we'd have 5 stars for days in our secondary. Please tell me who wouldnt want to learn the position from him.

Gonna have to disagree with you there... Ed freelanced far too much and relied on his instincts. Jeff Popovich is the play here and he can also run the special teams. He was always in position to make the first tackle on kickoffs and fortunately for us, missed most of those so his mind is sound.

It would be great to see Barrow return, but why would he leave being Carroll's LB coach for a lateral move back to Miami? Let's see him earn some more stripes and come back as a legit DC or co-DC role.

I'm torn between Ed Reed and Ray Lewis as DC. Ed might be more technicality sound, but no one motivates like Ray.

This **** is so stupid.. I cant believe people think this is at all a possibility.. im actually embarrassed for people who believe they could be DC..

Though if Ed is serious about wanting to coach here as a DB coach we'd have 5 stars for days in our secondary. Please tell me who wouldnt want to learn the position from him.

I think you failed to note Franchise's sarcasm.

Yea I wasnt talking about Chise.. my bad if i wasnt clear.

Advertisement
You put Ed Reed back there, we'll have the best kids all over the country beating down the door trying to get into the Gables.

Would love E Reed as db coach. Wouldnt mind Vilma one day coaching the LB's too. Would both be incredible recruiters, and with Butch running the show, they Will get coached up.

Gonna have to disagree with you there... Ed freelanced far too much and relied on his instincts. Jeff Popovich is the play here and he can also run the special teams. He was always in position to make the first tackle on kickoffs and fortunately for us, missed most of those so his mind is sound.

So your telling me kids wouldnt want to come and play and learn from Ed Reed b/c he freelanced too much??? These are high schoolers.. and I never said anything about how he would coach.. only how he would recruit.

It would be great to see Barrow return, but why would he leave being Carroll's LB coach for a lateral move back to Miami? Let's see him earn some more stripes and come back as a legit DC or co-DC role.

Going back to college is a step down because NFL coaches make a lot more than their college counterparts.

Advertisement
Major Appelwhite is my choice.

You want Tom Herman's offense? Hire his OC.

Let's play fantasy...

HC - Butch Davis
OC - Ken Dorsey
DC - Ray Lewis
ST - Santana Moss
QB - Steve Walsh
RB - Edgerrin James
WR - Michael Irvin
TE - Jeremy Shockey
OL - Byrant McKinnie
DL - Cortez Kennedy
LB - Jonathan Vilma
DB - Ed Reed
K/P - Carlos Huerta
S&C - The Rock

Will that coaching staff make all your "realistic" dreams come true?

Let's play fantasy...

HC - Butch Davis
OC - Ken Dorsey
DC - Ray Lewis
ST - Santana Moss
QB - Steve Walsh
RB - Edgerrin James
WR - Michael Irvin
TE - Jeremy Shockey
OL - Byrant McKinnie
DL - Cortez Kennedy
LB - Jonathan Vilma
DB - Ed Reed
K/P - Carlos Huerta
S&C - The Rock

Will that coaching staff make all your "realistic" dreams come true?

OL - Leon Searcy

Advertisement

Going back to college is a step down because NFL coaches make a lot more than their college counterparts.

What is Barrow's salary as a first-year position coach in the NFL? I don't believe he would return either, but I'm curious what some position coaches earn. Especially those in their first few seasons. I would guess between $400-600K, but that is only a guess.

Ed Reed as a DB coach is not a stretch by any means. The man says he wants to coach. There isn't a better position to start at than DB coach at your Alma Mater. Add to that the fact that no one on this planet can pitch the same thing he can: I know what it takes to be the best DB in the league, you want me to get you there? Come to The U. He is still fresh in so many kids minds that a lot of DBs might consider him their favorite player. You think they are about to say no to their favorite player? Lol.

Advertisement
If we have all this money for DC, Brett Venables.
Going cheaper but with a scheme that would be so much fun to watch in Miami - Don Brown (BC Coach, Blitz's 80%+ of the time).

Ed Reed as a DB coach is not a stretch by any means. The man says he wants to coach. There isn't a better position to start at than DB coach at your Alma Mater. Add to that the fact that no one on this planet can pitch the same thing he can: I know what it takes to be the best DB in the league, you want me to get you there? Come to The U. He is still fresh in so many kids minds that a lot of DBs might consider him their favorite player. You think they are about to say no to their favorite player? Lol.

2 of the best safeties came here. RIP Sean T.

Will is right, DB recruits would be breaking down the door just to get a chance to work with Ed.

Advertisement
Back