Defensive rotation

TriStarCane

Coaching Carousel 2029
Trying to flip the narrative from the scheme a little bit. Something else that has driven me to the brink of depression is the rotation of personnel employed by our staff on defense. Why in the blue **** do we rotate defensive backs and linebackers EVERY series? I assure you that not many other teams in the country does this and definitely not every series. How do you gain continuity or get in a rhythm? Teaching 11 kids this intricate bull **** scheme is hard enough but expecting 25 kids to execute perfectly is beyond absurd. It's one thing to rotate our DL, but keep the rotation tight. I haven't heard a good reason why this happens...anyone?

Advertisement
Thought the same thing. I almost think it's to make everyone happy. I know for me I liked to get into a groove.

When you have a flawless scheme it does not matter who the players are. :eagerness:

Well, it matters who the players are but only to an extent. This staff on D acts as though you have to have a a starting 11 of all All-Americans to win with the schedule we have. If you have to have All-Americans to have a winning season with our schedule, you scheme/philosophy needs to be changes.

Rotating safeties is nonsense. There should be 2 guys that play 80% of the snaps at a minimum.

Advertisement
When you have a flawless scheme it does not matter who the players are. :eagerness:

Well, it matters who the players are but only to an extent. This staff on D acts as though you have to have a a starting 11 of all All-Americans to win with the schedule we have. If you have to have All-Americans to have a winning season with our schedule, you scheme/philosophy needs to be changes.

Not to our coaches. They have a scheme that will work regardless who the players are. Just ask them.

Rotating players is done for the purpose of giving Golden more excuses. "Again, fans have to understand the growing pains involved with getting young players so much playing time"

Last edited:
Drives me up a wall but they have been doing it since day one. At first I just assumed they were getting guys experience and seeing what they have. Year 4 and we are still doing the same ****. Get these coaches out of my face.

Advertisement
We're barely 2-deep on defense so this gets overstated imo

DL: Chick/Pierre/Hurt/Kamalu/Jenkins/Moten

LB: Perryman/McCord/Kirby/Armbrister/Grace/Owens/Harris

CB: Gunter/Burns/Howard/Crawford/Elder

S: Bush/Crawford/Carter/Fentress

Advertisement
Back