Defensive MVP of the game......

PUNCICANE

All-ACC
Premium
486.jpg

surprised more people aren't talking about how much better our D was when Crawford was on the field locking down #3.

on a side note, its depressing to see how effective our athletes are when we play press-man coverage and know we wont make it a bigger part of our game plan

Advertisement
Great call, bruh. I am REALLY starting to feel confident that Howard/Crawford/Gunter will hold their own next weekend against Greene/Benjamin/Shaw. This might be a game where Burns observes from the sidelines and learns after the game he had against WF. This game is for the big boys only.

I totally agree. If people cant see we played better @
man yeasterday I dont know what to tell ya

He had some huge plays.

I feel comfortable with Howard, Gunter and Crawford manning up with someone. I wish our DC felt the same.

We saw a little man near the end, and other than 31 getting lost on that long pass play, they did well.

Tru. Artie got plenty of burns on saturday. Let him watch vs FSU.

These S. Fla DBs live for press coverage. Dont think we will get raped like eveyone is thinking.

Advertisement

These S. Fla DBs live for press coverage. Dont think we will get raped like eveyone is thinking.

SOrry I want Burns playing he is a playmaker

Crawford had a good game. BS penalty from what I saw on the PI.

However, Crawford needs to learn to wrap up. He has gotten away with flying in and taking out the legs so far. However, he whiffed twice yesterday on 3rd and long plays that resulted in a first down. One of those times was on the first drive. He makes that tackle on the WF side of the field and that drive is over.

By everyone I think you Mean Dorito. I think most would agree we should not be afraid to work on some man even against the beast wr core of Wake forest...

I want Burns playing too. Just not at DB against FSU. Let him play ST like he did against UF.

Advertisement
I have a feeling we will see some Burns get burn next week. They are gonna try to spread us out, and if I see Cornelius, Figs or Armbrister split out in coverage again, I'm gonna lose it!

I have a feeling we will see some Burns get burn next week. They are gonna try to spread us out, and if I see Cornelius, Figs or Armbrister split out in coverage again, I'm gonna lose it!

I agree about Cornelius and Armbrister and lets throw Gaines into the convo. Figs however is pretty quick and i think he can cover the drags

LBs on WRs drives me insane! Need to see more Nickel packages against fsu. Hopefully Rodgers could play to cover Oleary.

Advertisement
I thought Chick was the best player we had on the defensive side of the ball yesterday. He came on in the second half and played his heart out.

i like gunter at safety too. people attack our defense. they gave up 21pts and for how many weeks in a row were they on field non stop?

Advertisement
mvp is who ever can cover the TE and rb out of the flats...ambrister, tc, figs, mccord will be huge...please no dl dropping back...picking man on certain plays early, gaining confidence is key...man allows players to make plays and take some chances getting pressure...without pressure, well...

mvp denzel or porter or howard next week...big time players make big plays in big games

Muhammad, McCord, Chick and Green must get Winston dirty and hit him. If we don't make him feel the pressure we will lose by 20+.

Burns should play but at safety instead of AJ Highsmith, he's not ready to play corner against FSU.

Howard, Gunter, and Crawford are all legit in zone or in man. The zone coverage has never been a problem w/ our corners it's always our LBs getting beat in space that's been the problem.

We should mix it up to give Winston different looks to have to diagnose.

You cant play man coverage most of the time though, that is what Winston has been destroying w/ the deep passes to his receivers.

Advertisement
Back