Defensive Line

Advertisement
Moten is obviously graduating, but I can't see McIntosh, Norton, and Willis all leaving early. And Willis will have graduated so I could see him leaving the program. Norton will likely have the highest draft grade among our DLineman next yr.
Just don't see all 3 leaving.

Moten is obviously graduating, but I can't see McIntosh, Norton, and Willis all leaving early. And Willis will have graduated so I could see him leaving the program. Norton will likely have the highest draft grade among our DLineman next yr.

Willis is gone. We need either one of Norton or McIntosh to stay and also add a JUCO guy to bridge the gap.

Willis is gone. We need either one of Norton or McIntosh to stay and also add a JUCO guy to bridge the gap.

Unlikely they all leave, but possible, and you have to proceed preparing for the worst case scenario. This is why only taking one in the 2017 class was questionable unless the honest intent was to slide Johnson or a DE on the roster inside. We more or less have to take 4 this cycle now, with at least one being a ready plug and play juco.

Advertisement

McIntosh and Norton are playing themselves into the first 2 rounds, especially mcintosh

why do you say that? if its just your opinion without any actual insight, dont even need to respond.
and i don't think we need a juco guy. I would like Logan that LSU transfer though.

why do you say that? if its just your opinion without any actual insight, dont even need to respond.
and i don't think we need a juco guy. I would like Logan that LSU transfer though.

It was reported Willis wanted to leave after this last year but didn't have enough film. Everyone knows he has one foot out the door. You been sleep?

It was reported Willis wanted to leave after this last year but didn't have enough film. Everyone knows he has one foot out the door. You been sleep?

Willis is good if he wanted to leave he could have and took the risk and possibly went undrafted. Instead he made the smart decision and acknowledged that he needed to come back

Advertisement
I don't see Willis coming back at all. I also think we lose Norton, but have a feeling that McIntosh comes back. But yeah, we need some serious DT depth this cycle. Should be taking 3 as well as a transfer this year so they're eligible in '18.

For the 2018 class most likely Miami will take 4 true big bodied DT's (not DE's that will grow into DT's). included in those projected 4 are two natural Nose Tackles ( 1 tech or 0 Tech ).

Miami currently has Silva committed an he will play NT, so that leaves 1 nose Tackle spot left and 2 Defensive Tackles (3 Tech) spots open.

As for the other NT spot Miami is high on Jordan Davis out Mallard Creek HS in North Carolina an he supposedly has strong interest in the Miami, but we will see if he makes it down in June for an unofficial visit. If he brings his family then Miami is in business, if not then it is 50/50 crap shoot with him, because UNC is pushing hard for him to stay instate.

Link to article about UM offering Jordan Davis an his intent to UOV Miami in June.
Canes deliver four-star offer - CBSSports.com

[HUDL]video/3/4793021/587ebaee17639f20f8f9ac91[/HUDL]

Last DT spot will most likely be held out for an elite prospect, given that Miami is expected to make a ACC Title run this season which would put Miami front an center for a lot top Recruits that are currently more interested in other programs or collecting Bag$$$.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back