Defensive Line Room

Advertisement
Of course, it is not ideal to depend on true freshmen in the trenches. Skill positions are easier roles for freshmen to make an immediate impact. However, in this specific case, Jordan will be just fine.

Remember, we depended on Norton heavily as a true freshman. The high school coaches here in Jacksonville have stated that Jordan is the most dominate DT to come out of Jax in quite some time. Norton is from Jax, so that includes him as well. Norton had and incompetent D-line coach at Miami during his freshman year. Jordan will have Simpson.

Thanks for the extra inside stuff. I am very excited over Jordan and expect huge things from him. The pair we got this year is great. The days of redshirting talent like this are mostly gone, but I want the days back where kids that good still had to wait their turn and be straining on the leash when the time comes to eat a QB or two.

Of course, it is not ideal to depend on true freshmen in the trenches. Skill positions are easier roles for freshmen to make an immediate impact. However, in this specific case, Jordan will be just fine.

Remember, we depended on Norton heavily as a true freshman. The high school coaches here in Jacksonville have stated that Jordan is the most dominate DT to come out of Jax in quite some time. Norton is from Jax, so that includes him as well. Norton had and incompetent D-line coach at Miami during his freshman year. Jordan will have Simpson.
I agree 100%. I may be proven wrong but I've got a very good feeling about Miller. He strikes me as a potentially special player. I think he comes in and makes an immediate impact. We're all familiar with the mantra about how hard it is for freshmen DTs to make an impact. Wouldn't it be something if we actually have 2 freshmen DTs that contribute right away? I can see Nesta and Miller doing just that and coach Simpson will be a big part of that. I also have a gut feeling that we hit a homerun with the Simpson hire. I'm very excited about the DL moving forward. Can't wait.

The people that have seen Miller's film and are still down on him, are the ones that are "star thirsty".

Likewise with Simpson. If one has read the reports, seen his resume, and seen how fast Dan Quinn plucked him up, and yet is still down on him, then that individual is "name thirsty".

there's def a numbers problem but it's funny that this board has adopted the stance that kool was some harmful recruiter given that between garvin, ford, and rousseau he identified local guys who appear to be very high end talents that were underrated by the recruiting services, which is also what this board is always complaining about our coaches not doing.

He gets a pass in 2016 since the staff came in very late. He signed Garvin and Ford in 2017. His 2018 recruiting was lazy. We got a break with Miller. Silvera was a no-brainer. I don't think anybody expected Rousseau to put on 25 pounds in 2 and 1/2 months. The concern is having talented numbers. Too many misses in 2017 and 2018.

Advertisement
Y’all laughed when I said We would be fine even with the departures on the dline months ago.

Y’all laughed when I said We would be fine even with the departures on the dline months ago.
There were a lot of people that felt we would be fine and also felt that some were over reacting to the DT departures.

Kool may be lazy/**** at recruiting, but he knows how to ******* pick them.
The guy we got all are looking like studs, every single one of them.
Rousseau was Diaz recruit.... Garvin was Kool, hit. Ford was Kool, jury is still out. Miller was entire staff. Nesta was Kool.

Advertisement
Back