Defensive Line Room

rok

Great Poster
I was among many critics of the **** poor recruiting efforts of Corch Koolant but I must say, I am very excited about the prospect of this room developing into one of the better rooms inside the building on San Amaro.

Jackson, Willis, Djax, Bethel, Garvin, Patchan, Odenigbo bring the experience.

Rousseau, Silvera, Miller, Martin should each be ready for some type of role.

The DL is gonna eat this year.

If I had to power rank the different rooms:

WR room
RB room
DL room
DB room
LB room
QB room
TE room
OL room

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rousseau was the welcomed surprise of the spring. I believe that Miller will be the big surprise in fall camp.
I will agree, if Miller comes in great shape and can go without getting too winded. If Miller and Silvera both prove studs we'll have what should be a top caliber level DL

Advertisement
I will agree, if Miller comes in great shape and can go without getting too winded. If Miller and Silvera both prove studs we'll have what should be a top caliber level DL
I agree. The problem is our former coach left us needing to hit big on at least two DTs in this class because he sucked at recruiting them. The two we got look like old school Cane DTs so I am excited, but it is dangerous depending on true freshmen that much— very thin in front of them.

I was among many critics of the **** poor recruiting efforts of Corch Koolant but I must say, I am very excited about the prospect of this room developing into one of the better rooms inside the building on San Amaro.

WR room
RB room
DL room
DB room
LB room
QB room
TE room
OL room

Translation:

The WRs have the master bedroom and the DL will be eating in their room. My question is will the WRs be allowed to eat in the DL room and if so can they bring the RBs with them?

Advertisement
I agree. The problem is our former coach left us needing to hit big on at least two DTs in this class because he sucked at recruiting them. The two we got look like old school Cane DTs so I am excited, but it is dangerous depending on true freshmen that much— very thin in front of them.
Of course, it is not ideal to depend on true freshmen in the trenches. Skill positions are easier roles for freshmen to make an immediate impact. However, in this specific case, Jordan will be just fine.

Remember, we depended on Norton heavily as a true freshman. The high school coaches here in Jacksonville have stated that Jordan is the most dominate DT to come out of Jax in quite some time. Norton is from Jax, so that includes him as well. Norton had and incompetent D-line coach at Miami during his freshman year. Jordan will have Simpson.

Of course, it is not ideal to depend on true freshmen in the trenches. Skill positions are easier roles for freshmen to make an immediate impact. However, in this specific case, Jordan will be just fine.

Remember, we depended on Norton heavily as a true freshman. The high school coaches here in Jacksonville have stated that Jordan is the most dominate DT to come out of Jax in quite some time. Norton is from Jax, so that includes him as well. Norton had and incompetent D-line coach at Miami during his freshman year. Jordan will have Simpson.

As the 5th or 6th guy at DT, I agree Miller should be fine. That was Ford's role last year, and he missed all of Fall camp. All you're looking for is 5-6 plays a game, if even that.

We don't have the same depth at DE obviously, but at DT I think we're comparable to last year:

2017: McIntosh, Norton, Bethel, Moten, Ford, Fines

2018: Willis, Ford, Bethel, Silvera, Tito, Miller

Kool may be lazy/**** at recruiting, but he knows how to ******* pick them.
The guy we got all are looking like studs, every single one of them.

Advertisement
With Miami needing help in the interior dline for 2018 and especially in 2019, I think UM should still bring in Clemson grad transfer Sterling Johnson who has 2yrs of eligibility left.

Go Canes

Feel like you've got the Linebacker room a little low. I'd have them ahead of DB and DL.

But I do like the DL group a lot! You're right good mix of potential and experience

The Special Teams room will be changed to "Special Needs" if they don't improve this year.

Advertisement

Champagne room
WR room
RB room
DL room
DB room
LB room
QB room
TE room
OL room

FIFY

With Miami needing help in the interior dline for 2018 and especially in 2019, I think UM should still bring in Clemson grad transfer Sterling Johnson who has 2yrs of eligibility left.

Go Canes

I agree. Lamonte McDougle from wvu would be an intriguing option as well. One more useful transfer on each side of the trenches would be immensely helpful.

Go Canes

What do they say about him in the DL Room?

Kool may be lazy/**** at recruiting, but he knows how to ******* pick them.
The guy we got all are looking like studs, every single one of them.

there's def a numbers problem but it's funny that this board has adopted the stance that kool was some harmful recruiter given that between garvin, ford, and rousseau he identified local guys who appear to be very high end talents that were underrated by the recruiting services, which is also what this board is always complaining about our coaches not doing.

Advertisement
Back