Defensive line performance

Advertisement
You guys sold me I was overreacting. I guess since we didn’t have any sacks I was reading too much into it. I just expect Miami to dominate every play and need to realize it’s not the 80s or 90s anymore 😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂😂

They definitely didn’t play their best collectively. I will say that the youngest player on the UAB o-line is a redshirt junior iirc. They have experience and grown men.

The alignments are off on the dline imo and the ends were close to a lot of sacks but their qb got the ball out pretty fast. Nesta looked elite and miller was good. the ends did some good things but they should do better with another game under their belt. That 3rd down rush were we only line up with 3 lineman isnt as effective without greg and we need to stop doing it because what the Fvck are you only rushing 3 for if someone is going to be wide open on bakers defense anyways on 3rd down?

Young guys have to play more at LBer. I get playing Shaq and Pinck even if they weren’t the best athletes, but we can’t have guys who aren’t superior athletes playing if they have no experience and can’t diagnose plays.

Advertisement
Roche played well.
Phillips was meh and certainly did not make me forget about Rousseau
Unlike others I didnt think Silvera played that well.
Ford was Ford meaning whatever nothing special.
I like HH and Miller over Ford and Silvera. HH has huge upside and just might be the penetrating tackle we all long for....

Roche played well.
Phillips was meh and certainly did not make me forget about Rousseau
Unlike others I didnt think Silvera played that well.
Ford was Ford meaning whatever nothing special.
I like HH and Miller over Ford and Silvera. HH has huge upside and just might be the penetrating tackle we all long for....
Silvera was the brightest spot on the defense lol, constant pressure and had what 3 tackles for loss?

The alignments are off on the dline imo and the ends were close to a lot of sacks but their qb got the ball out pretty fast. Nesta looked elite and miller was good. the ends did some good things but they should do better with another game under their belt. That 3rd down rush were we only line up with 3 lineman isnt as effective without greg and we need to stop doing it because what the Fvck are you only rushing 3 for if someone is going to be wide open on bakers defense anyways on 3rd down?
After all these years, I speak Brock. And I agree. But break it into paragraphs next time

Advertisement
2 things are true.... Our Line played good and uab did VERY well getting the ball out before we can even blink. When there was time, we brought pressure. Do you guys remember last yr, when QBs had years to throw? We'll see next game if that's the case.

Silvera was the brightest spot on the defense lol, constant pressure and had what 3 tackles for loss?
I disagree. Roche played the best among the DL, IMHO. Silvera has much to prove. So far his bark is greater than his bite.

Advertisement
Roche flashed the entire game, I thought he was fantastic. He had a sack in the first half. If it didn't go down as an official sack then the qb gained about 6 inches. Nesta was very active too. Much more worried about the cb play.

I disagree. Roche played the best among the DL, IMHO. Silver has much to prove. So far his bark is greater than his bite.
We couldn’t have been watching the same game. Nesta was beastly and hardly even played on 3rd down

Advertisement
2 things are true.... Our Line played good and uab did VERY well getting the ball out before we can even blink. When there was time, we brought pressure. Do you guys remember last yr, when QBs had years to throw? We'll see next game if that's the case.
OL played good? And I know nothing about Football? Wtf game did you watch?

I thought our d line performed up to par given the circumstances. Only thing on defense that concerned me was that I noticed we had alignment/rotating issues between linebackers/striker/safeties and got out leveraged at times on the edge similar to the 2017 ACC Championship game.

We couldn’t have been watching the same game. Nesta was beastly and hardly even played on 3rd down
Beastly? Nah. But, arguing over whether Roche was better than Nesta misses the mark. The DL wasn't the problem tonight. The play of the starting LBs and all of the CBs is much, much more of a concern.

Advertisement
Back