Defensive Holding Penalty????

sstcane

Sophomore
Premium
Can anyone explain the call on James Williams? We had a similar call in the Texas A&M game against Cloyd. They add the 10 yards on to the end of the play?

Advertisement
Referees are cheating Miami.

Screenshot_20230613_111622_DuckDuckGo.jpg

u mean on the klubnik scramble? i dunno about the enforcement rules but am pretty sure they got the number wrong and it was on jaden davis. on 1 replay it looked like he tackled #80 before klubnik passed the line of scrimmage

If you thought the Canes were getting screwed by the refs (and they were), the Dolphins were completely ****ed against the Eagles tonight. Holy crap. Holding penalties, face masks, defensive pass interference, nothing called against the Eagles. How can a physically played game (like football) can have one team penalized at least 10 times, and the other team penalized zero is beyond me. It's a disgrace. And sports wonder why fans challenge the integrity of the game.

One more thing. The Brotherly Shove that Philly does with Hurts has to be illegal. If you can turn your QB into a battering ram, then there's no such thing as unnecessary roughness against the same QB.

Advertisement
If you thought the Canes were getting screwed by the refs (and they were), the Dolphins were completely ****ed against the Eagles tonight. Holy crap. Holding penalties, face masks, defensive pass interference, nothing called against the Eagles. How can a physically played game (like football) can have one team penalized at least 10 times, and the other team penalized zero is beyond me. It's a disgrace. And sports wonder why fans challenge the integrity of the game.

One more thing. The Brotherly Shove that Philly does with Hurts has to be illegal. If you can turn your QB into a battering ram, then there's no such thing as unnecessary roughness against the same QB.
This.

As an Eagles fan, and there's several others on the board, you are wrong on both parts

Advertisement
Either ACC officials are biased against us of they are clueless about the rules. It’s almost every game now that they botch the calls, or so it seems. Even after reviewing the calls. And then the lazy a$$#s at the ACC will come up with excuses as to why a call was made the way it was, and we have no recourse. Just tired of the ACC.

You can't be serious. There were three egregious PI penalties, as well as multiple holdings and false starts not called. Dolphins still would've lost I think. The one right before the pick 6 was perfect karma, even the announcers said it.
Listen, I want to see Miami healthy first. Let’s see where Miami stacks up when Ramsey, X, and Phillips are all on defense together, and when the OL and Achane are back.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Either ACC officials are biased against us of they are clueless about the rules. It’s almost every game now that they botch the calls, or so it seems. Even after reviewing the calls. And then the lazy a$$#s at the ACC will come up with excuses as to why a call was made the way it was, and we have no recourse. Just tired of the ACC.
The clock has been ridiculous this year as well. Some games inside of 2 minutes at the half the clock stops after first downs and restarts when the ball is set for play by the officials. Sometimes they keep it stopped until the snap. The clock rule changes seem to be widely misunderstood.

The clock has been ridiculous this year as well. Some games inside of 2 minutes at the half the clock stops after first downs and restarts when the ball is set for play by the officials. Sometimes they keep it stopped until the snap. The clock rule changes seem to be widely misunderstood.
This happened to us and the announcers were blaming Mario. Cost us about 25 seconds.

Reffing is a hard gig (I’ve tried it) but the main ****ups I’ve seen haven’t been the **** that’s easy to **** up imo. Saftey call is an easy *** call always has been. The missed intentional grounding had to of been the most annoying, as a head ref the main ******* responsibility it to watch the QB after the initial seconds, Cade never got close to leaving the tackle box. That should have been an easy call. Also the taunting was ridiculous, a 5 second taunt in a players face is an easy call when you are right there.

Also the replay official has been ***

Like I understand there will be controversy and ****ups when it comes to holding, PIs, **** even sometimes face masks. But it’s been the simple calls and ones not in the scrum that have ****ed me off, and have lost any credibility the ACC crews have.

Lmaooo all that whining!!

Go Birds

Advertisement
Back