Defensive highlights : 5 sacks, 9 TFL, 3 Forced fumble, 1 PB

If you sack the QB 1.3 seconds after the snap, the secondary isn't much of a concern.

Unfortunately, Football doesn't work like that. If our D wants to take that next step, it needs to improve the secondary.

We need to continue to improve on our 3rd downs. We still have a long way to go.

its exactly how football works. DLs win championships. obviously our secondary cant be complete ***, but I think worst case scenario they are just slightly below average. i still expect a grad transfer at db. Redwine could move to safety next to jaquan and slide young to nickel in 3 wr sets.

plus our lbs are gunna be straight up beasts next yr. I really like where we will be at on defense. obviously i wish this 2018 db class was actually this yr but im very excited about what coach kool and diaz have to work with.

Advertisement
link below

http://hurricanesports.com/fls/28700/football/2016/uva/stats.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=28700

crazy that entire front 7 is coming back.

secondary will be weak link. only had one 1 pass break up vs. average at best QB

Virginia LB Kiser had 12 tackles and 1 INT. impressive

I thought the secondary was gonna be the weak link this year? Carter is gone and we have several studs committed... Find another narrative.

Biggest loss is clearly Corn Elder who imo has been the best player on the entire team this yr. plus were also losing Rsyshawn and Colbert. So we are literally losing our entire starting secondary. I think safety will basically be a was with jaquan sliding in and redwine or whoever stepping up. but cb is terrible, which is why we need another transfer this yr.

If you sack the QB 1.3 seconds after the snap, the secondary isn't much of a concern.

Unfortunately, Football doesn't work like that. If our D wants to take that next step, it needs to improve the secondary.

We need to continue to improve on our 3rd downs. We still have a long way to go.

its exactly how football works. DLs win championships. obviously our secondary cant be complete ***, but I think worst case scenario they are just slightly below average. i still expect a grad transfer at db. Redwine could move to safety next to jaquan and slide young to nickel in 3 wr sets.

plus our lbs are gunna be straight up beasts next yr. I really like where we will be at on defense. obviously i wish this 2018 db class was actually this yr but im very excited about what coach kool and diaz have to work with.

My point was that we don't give the QB 1.7 seconds on every play. That's impossible. Hence, why you need a good secondary for plays we can't get to the QB.

Are you sure? I'm pretty certain that our DL can just get sacks in under 2 seconds like 86% of the time. Not sure why we worry about DBs, just play more DL and you'll get that percentage up over 90%.

Are you sure? I'm pretty certain that our DL can just get sacks in under 2 seconds like 86% of the time. Not sure why we worry about DBs, just play more DL and you'll get that percentage up over 90%.

I find that stat very hard to believe. Source?

Advertisement

I find that stat very hard to believe. Source?

It was either espn stats or the ncaa stats page, I forget. Plus I read an article about this HS coach in texas that's running DL and LB and that's it. Seems to be working pretty well, they get to the QB quickly so often that they shut the opponent's offense down. I'd love to see Richt run something like that here with all the top flight DTs in SFLA, I think it would work great.

Id rather have a great front 7 and weak secondary than vice versa

If the the front 7 takes it to the next level next year they will make the secondary look good

This, an elite front 7 is going to make breaking in a new secondary a lot easier.

Advertisement
Back