Defensive highlights : 5 sacks, 9 TFL, 3 Forced fumble, 1 PB

Advertisement
5.3 yards per rush and perfect in redzone td's, both will win you games. The improved run game payed dividends in the second half with Miami controlling time of possession. Still need to improve on 3rd downs.

5.3 yards per rush and perfect in redzone td's, both will win you games. The improved run game payed dividends in the second half with Miami controlling time of possession. Still need to improve on 3rd downs.

3rd down conversion for offense has been getting better the past few games so I'll take it

If you sack the QB 1.3 seconds after the snap, the secondary isn't much of a concern.

Unfortunately, Football doesn't work like that. If our D wants to take that next step, it needs to improve the secondary.

We need to continue to improve on our 3rd downs. We still have a long way to go.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Held a team that was averaging 109yds rushing per game, to only 82yds...

And didn't allow a single point in the 2nd half.

El Jefe Diaz & his Defense have carried us all season, and this is being done with only two legitimate playmakers in the Secondary & an all True Freshman LB corp..

El Jefe Diaz & his Defense have carried us all season, and this is being done with only two legitimate playmakers in the Secondary & an all True Freshman LB corp..
I count 3 players in the secondary. Elder, colbert(injured a lot), and Jenkins. He be out of position sometimes but he has made a bunch of plays in his career at Miami. Played his best game this year imo

I count 3 players in the secondary. Elder, colbert(injured a lot), and Jenkins. He be out of position sometimes but he has made a bunch of plays in his career at Miami. Played his best game this year imo
Elder & Jaquan...

Elder & Jaquan...

Still trying to get that way Jaquan played against unc out of my mind but I can't... it's a no for him for me. Dropped another pick today and they ended up scoring a td

Advertisement
I love our defense this year. The unit was decimated by dismissals, youth and injuries all year long but they played their asses off. Diaz deserves mad kudos. I remember when we hired him people were already writing the guy off without giving him a season to make an impression. Man, if we only had some dbs for next year.

I love our defense this year. The unit was decimated by dismissals, youth and injuries all year long but they played their asses off. Diaz deserves mad kudos. I remember when we hired him people were already writing the guy off without giving him a season to make an impression. Man, if we only had some dbs for next year.

I have faith the staff is going to adress the DB position. Bandy and Dallas are elite Talents. Collier and Brini have loads of upside. I got a feeling Henderson come back. Add a juco and/or a grad tansfer and were in buisness. I think you take 6 corners with 1 of them probably moving to safety.

We should be more athletic in the secondary though I think. Finley is going to be good. I think he steps in next to Jacquan. We freaked out coming into this year and they are doing pretty good. Coaching does that

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
If you sack the QB 1.3 seconds after the snap, the secondary isn't much of a concern.

Unfortunately, Football doesn't work like that. If our D wants to take that next step, it needs to improve the secondary.

We need to continue to improve on our 3rd downs. We still have a long way to go.

I'm not all that worried about the secondary. I've liked what I've seen out of Malek Young. I think he's our top corner next year. I think a lot of people on here agree that Redwine should be moved to safety. Redwine and Jaquan I think will be a nice duo with experience at the S spots. Then the last corner might be where we have to wait and see. Could Mayes come through? Or do one of the young guys take the next step? I think someone will fill it in and with the front 7 setting the tone it will take a lot of pressure off the DBs. I think we will be young, but still good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Understand your point. Disagree with them having a "long way to go"

They're the 13th best scoring defense in the country with a front 7 full of dudes who are freshmen and sophomores.

Jaquan Johnson as the QB of the back half should do some good for the secondary. Need some of the freshmen to come in and impact immediately.

Id rather have a great front 7 and weak secondary than vice versa

If the the front 7 takes it to the next level next year they will make the secondary look good

Advertisement
Should of been a sack for Jackson as the qb was still behind the los on the force fumble but whatever. I've come to expect that they suck at recording stats

Should of been a sack for Jackson as the qb was still behind the los on the force fumble but whatever. I've come to expect that they suck at recording stats
Yeah we have had multiple players not be credited with sacks as they should have been this year

Yeah we have had multiple players not be credited with sacks as they should have been this year

But somehow chad was credited a sack. Don't remember that happening. Also noticed the refs robbed us of another td yesterday. That fumbled punt attempt that Trent recovered. I thought I saw this live and confirmed it when I looked at the highlights again. He recovers that ball after getting off the ground and has an easy td but the refs blow the play dead when the fumble was yet to be recovered. Somebody should make a compilation of all the ridiculous bad calls that either taken away points or given them to the opponent and send it into the ACC

Advertisement
Back