Coaching Defensive front nugget?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It makes sense...

We donā€™t have the personnel to be a strictly odd front Defense.

One look at the roster & itā€™s clear, for a transitional period weā€™ll still need to be a primarily 4-man front style until we can recruit more stout 2-gap defenders.

You can run both when you have more depth & versatility on your line, but as of now, we donā€™t have much.

The transition to becoming the SEC team you all want us to be, will not happen overnight unfortunately, it will take some years or big recruiting wins before we can just become a giant run stuffing machine.

But in the mean time in between time, itā€™s most prudent to utilize what we have & simply make it stronger until weā€™re able to complete the transition in whole.
Lame. Force the transition this year. Go 0-13. Cut the guys that donā€™t fit off tape alone. No mercy.

David Boreanaz Mandy GIF by CBS

I know Iā€™m gonna get obliterated by some people but my question is genuine. Iā€™ve only been on only one other sports forum but how come on this website we use only one thread for one topic/player?
For example, Parrish transferred today yet we are posting on his thread from like 2019. Not a huge deal but sometimes you have to scour the site for news (which doesnā€™t end up being a bad thing at the end.)
Please no bully fellas, Iā€™m sure thereā€™s method to the madness.
If someone posts in that old thread it does bump it up to the top of the board at the time of posting.

Advertisement
I know Iā€™m gonna get obliterated by some people but my question is genuine. Iā€™ve only been on only one other sports forum but how come on this website we use only one thread for one topic/player?
For example, Parrish transferred today yet we are posting on his thread from like 2019. Not a huge deal but sometimes you have to scour the site for news (which doesnā€™t end up being a bad thing at the end.)
Because starting multiple threads on something is unnecessary when one already exists.

Thereā€™s no need to litter up the board, when you can just add on to an already existing thread, unless it has no relevance to the subject at hand.

Like with Parrish, thereā€™s probably half a dozen or so threads on him from back when we were recruiting him, so when he transfers here whatā€™s the sense in starting a new thread when you can just add on to one we already have...

Some topics deserve a new thread & others can just be added on from previous discussions.

Advertisement
Because starting multiple threads on something is unnecessary when one already exists.

Thereā€™s no need to litter up the board, when you can just add on to an already existing thread, unless it has no relevance to the subject at hand.

Like with Parrish, thereā€™s probably half a dozen or so threads on him from back when we were recruiting him, so when he transfers here whatā€™s the sense in starting a new thread when you can just add on to one we already have...

Some topics deserve a new thread & others can just be added on from previous discussions.
No.. If the existing thread hasn't had a post in 2 years, adding a new one for a transfer isn't "cluttering up the board". It's actually way easier because half of the bumped thread is unrelated news from 2 years ago. I have to dig through to find on which page the new info starts, instead of going to page 1.

If an existing thread hasn't had a post in 2 years, adding a new one for a transfer isn't "cluttering up the board". It's actually way easier because half of the bumped thread is unrelated news from 2 years ago. I have to dig through to find on which page the new info starts, instead of going to page 1.

Agree 100% with this. At the very least, mods should update the thread title.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Always gona be thread police patrolling the board.

They usually like stuff neatly consolidated into 200 page threads where info is missed unless you put the spectacles on and catch up for 2 hours of light reading.

I know the people who run the site donā€™t want twelve million different threads on the same topic but man, I hate having to wade through 50 pages of CIS nonsense to try to find the one post of information Iā€™m looking for. The Parrish thread wasnā€™t too bad thankfully since it was only a few pages long but did the new info need to be added to a two+ year old thread? Especially since the original thread has very little to do with the transfer story?

I get not starting a new thread for every single little thing but some of these stories get buried in threads full of page upon page of back and forth bickering thatā€™s always off topic.

It makes sense...

We donā€™t have the personnel to be a strictly odd front Defense.

One look at the roster & itā€™s clear, for a transitional period weā€™ll still need to be a primarily 4-man front style until we can recruit more stout 2-gap defenders.

You can run both when you have more depth & versatility on your line, but as of now, we donā€™t have much.

The transition to becoming the SEC team you all want us to be, will not happen overnight unfortunately, it will take some years or big recruiting wins before we can just become a giant run stuffing machine.

But in the mean time in between time, itā€™s most prudent to utilize what we have & simply make it stronger until weā€™re able to complete the transition in whole.
I see what you did there LCE,
But in the mean time, the in between time
If you work your thing, then I'll work mine
Whodini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back