Defensive Football - Kirby Smart Talks about Co-DC Glenn Schumann

Advertisement
Only way we would get Schumann I believe is if we hire Lanning as HC and his relationship is strong with him to bring him as DC. Schumann seems like Kirby's next DC in waiting. I think he has some strong loyalty to Kirby. I love his defense though at Georgia. Would love it at Miami.

Mentioned Schumann in a different thread. He was at Bama for a few years with Mario. Wonder if those tires would be kicked.

Advertisement
Schumann would be great DC here.

However, one would have to assume that Lanning will get a HC job this year, if not next. And Schumann will take over DC.

It's a much safer career path to wait your turn at UGA, than come to Miami.

Advertisement
Thanks for sharing. That was awesome.

I didn't understand much of it, but the part that stood out to me the most was the section on 3rd down defense. They were consistently getting beat, so they did a thorough analysis of why and attacked the issue directly, and innovated.

I also loved the "disguise your new stuff as the stuff you put on tape last week"
Your opponent thinks they new know what they're seeing, but they really don't. Simple and evil.

Advertisement
He actually showed a snippet of Miami being #1 in 3rd down defense in 2018. Manny might have a solid system, he just can’t recruit for it. That’s the difference between Bama/Georgia on defense and everyone else.

This is an amazing video by Kirby Smart where he talks the changing style of defensive football and how he leans on Co-DC Glenn Schumann.

He puts coach Manny & coach Patke to shame in this video good lord.

Go Canes

Now can you post the video where Patke teaches all of his techniques and philosophies???

Advertisement
This is an amazing video by Kirby Smart where he talks the changing style of defensive football and how he leans on Co-DC Glenn Schumann.

He puts coach Manny & coach Patke to shame in this video good lord.

Go Canes

Man could you imagine manny giving this talk about his defense
We have the most fundamentally flawed system I’ve been seen
The flats and the middle are open every play
It’s ridiculous

He actually showed a snippet of Miami being #1 in 3rd down defense in 2018. Manny might have a solid system, he just can’t recruit for it. That’s the difference between Bama/Georgia on defense and everyone else.

Shaq and Pinckney while not great did well in manny’s system

Shaq and Pinckney while not great did well in manny’s system
Correct, he just couldn’t recruit to backfill them. He had 4 years to do it. I liked how they talked up Herman too. Speaks to his value in X/Os.

Advertisement
Back