Defensive Coordinators

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
I for one believe that a head coach is only as strong as his coordinators and position coaches. With that being said...it is obvious we need to get back to the old 4-3 Miami Way. So I ask all of you to forget about the head coaching position for a second, and brainstorm some names that you would be happy to see at DC. Who is your top 3 choices, regardless of head coach?

Advertisement
I like all 3 of those guys. Venables won't take a lateral job.... and a likely drop in pay to leave Clemson. He's going to angle for an HC job. Foster is probably hoping to take over the VaTech job, but could be interested in he doesn't get it.

Leavitt would be a great fit! He did a **** of a job at USF....until he choked out one of his players. Oops! That incident has kept Leavitt off of the sidelines. Is Miami the team to give him a new lease on life? Don't know, but he could be great here ...

Advertisement
Keep Mark ---- as tackling dummy. Other than that, whoever will bring out the savages we were.

Advertisement
Ah yes, the typical Jim Leavitt responses. Next will be Kevin Patrick for DL coach. Hilarious and predictable

Ah yes, the typical Jim Leavitt responses. Next will be Kevin Patrick for DL coach. Hilarious and predictable

If by saying hilarious and predictable you mean great ***king hires then I completely agree with you. I would love to see your choices troll.

Advertisement
Bud Foster may be losing his touch. I'm sure VTs recruiting has fallen off but they were great because Bud could take 2 and 3 star players and make a great defense. That group has been average the last few years.

Miami will never Leavitt. I like Orlando if we can get him from Herman. (Or with Herman) This may be the most important hire because its been so bad these last few years.

Advertisement
Bud Foster may be losing his touch. I'm sure VTs recruiting has fallen off but they were great because Bud could take 2 and 3 star players and make a great defense. That group has been average the last few years.

Miami will never Leavitt. I like Orlando if we can get him from Herman. (Or with Herman) This may be the most important hire because its been so bad these last few years.

Foster did beat the national champions in 2014, a year ago.

Herman would be solid.

Foster doesn't want to be HC, he would be great down here, but I think he may stay on with the next staff.

I like all 3 of those guys. Venables won't take a lateral job.... and a likely drop in pay to leave Clemson. He's going to angle for an HC job. Foster is probably hoping to take over the VaTech job, but could be interested in he doesn't get it.

Leavitt would be a great fit! He did a **** of a job at USF....until he choked out one of his players. Oops! That incident has kept Leavitt off of the sidelines. Is Miami the team to give him a new lease on life? Don't know, but he could be great here ...

Dude hasn't been off the sideline. He was in the NFL for a while and now he is the DC at Colorado.

Advertisement
Back