Defensive coordinator

His ranking be damned he is still a massive recruiting liability and has 4 losses for the season. From what I've heard from admin people and Pete's confirmation, I still expect D'Onofrio, Williams, and Franklin to be gone next year.

Too much has changed. Pending the next two games, I doubt D'Onofrio will be gone, unless he chooses to be gone. I don't care about sources and agendas. I care about big picture common sense. As someone else posted, if you fire a coordinator with that type of record nationally this season you lose credibility and pull among the coaching ranks. We are 12th nationally in yards allowed per play, surrendering less than 4.6. I was expected more like 5.2 to 5.8 at the end of the season.

Virginia is a scrappy team allowing barely above 5.0 themselves. Coming off a bye week. Hosting a prime time televised game. Desperate for a victory after 4 consecutive losses and with the coach in turmoil. Anyone rooting for D'Onofrio to be gone better hope for Virginia to maul us physically and recoup all the negativity from a month ago.

Advertisement
polymain_020313~51.jpg

His ranking be damned he is still a massive recruiting liability and has 4 losses for the season. From what I've heard from admin people and Pete's confirmation, I still expect D'Onofrio, Williams, and Franklin to be gone next year.

Too much has changed. Pending the next two games, I doubt D'Onofrio will be gone, unless he chooses to be gone. I don't care about sources and agendas. I care about big picture common sense. As someone else posted, if you fire a coordinator with that type of record nationally this season you lose credibility and pull among the coaching ranks. We are 12th nationally in yards allowed per play, surrendering less than 4.6. I was expected more like 5.2 to 5.8 at the end of the season.

Virginia is a scrappy team allowing barely above 5.0 themselves. Coming off a bye week. Hosting a prime time televised game. Desperate for a victory after 4 consecutive losses and with the coach in turmoil. Anyone rooting for D'Onofrio to be gone better hope for Virginia to maul us physically and recoup all the negativity from a month ago.

Big picture common sense is that he has lost 4 games and is an enormous recruiting liability and he and Golden are still not getting along. The end.

Big picture common sense is that he has lost 4 games and is an enormous recruiting liability and he and Golden are still not getting along. The end.

Hush. Let Gary live in his own world.

Advertisement

Go on.....

Go on.....

They were and are having differences of opinion on how the defense should be run. Pete confirmed it.

I'll say this much: I don't understand how u can expect to beat any elite teams without generating some type of consistent pass rush. Our secondary was out there covering their asses off. Jameis could have been sitting in the pocket, reading the newspaper throughout the 2nd half

Advertisement
If we play Hurricane football for the last three games everyone needs to get off coach D jock.

Why? His Defense has struggled against superior teams this year and he has produced some of the worst Defense's in UM history. GTFOH with that garbage.

Go on.....

They were and are having differences of opinion on how the defense should be run. Pete confirmed it.

I am not sure what Golden wants to do differently than D'O but from what I have seen on the field against real opponents it's the same garbage we have seen the last 4 years. At the end, Golden is the boss and he decides what we do on the field. I still believe that our Defensive struggles fall on Golden's hands.

Advertisement
Back