Defensive Comparison using Footballoutsiders.com

I ain't to pretty smart but after trying to reads these numbers, I'm still confused as to why Coach Diaz never won that award..

Advertisement
This defense is trending up. Miami has a lot of winnable games next year and the QB talent in the coastal was likely the most we've seen in awhile. UNC, VTech, Pitt, all had decent passers and many of them game planned to not pass as often thinking Corn would have a similar effect to Artie this season. The drop off next season with the QB play in the conference will be REAL and Miami will field the TOP defense in the nation next season.

(I also feel the conference play in and ooc will be abysmal)

I don't know if we played more man coverage this year or not, but if we did that would contribute to the drop-off in interceptions. Easier to get INT's when you play zone.

I don't know if we played more man coverage this year or not, but if we did that would contribute to the drop-off in interceptions. Easier to get INT's when you play zone.

Might have led the county in dropped INTs too. We probably had one a game. DBs and LBs gotta hit that JUGS machine lol

Advertisement
Don't mind the down tick in picks when we're getting many more sacks and increasing pressure substantially.

Though the records were nearly the same ,this years team was so much better than last years.

Last year we were literally a few plays from being a 5 win team. This year we were a few plays from being a 10 win team.

I think the best barometer of that is the point differential throughout the whole year. This team was much better than last years. I actually think it wasn't all that far from a 12 win season but our offense hit a 'Darktober' malaise....

Though the records were nearly the same ,this years team was so much better than last years.

Last year we were literally a few plays from being a 5 win team. This year we were a few plays from being a 10 win team.

I think the best barometer of that is the point differential throughout the whole year. This team was much better than last years. I actually think it wasn't all that far from a 12 win season but our offense hit a 'Darktober' malaise....

We would have been 12-2 and out the playoffs right now if our Oline was half as good as our Dline.

Advertisement
I don't think we will see as many INT until we have more playmakers in the secondary. When we blitz they are left on am island so I'm happy with a PBU. Can't really gamble when you don't have safety help.

Took the words right out my mouth.

You get what you pay for. Everyone knew coach Kool was the best position coach on staff since before the season started

Loved watching our defense this year.

Advertisement
Back