Defensive Appreciation Thread

OrdunaDrive

Freshman
The deluge of CMR/Offense hate posting is totally warranted, and I'm in the same boat there as everybody else. That said, I don't really have anything to add that hasn't been said 100 times already and instead want to take the time to appreciate the defense for their outstanding performance this year.

Our tackles-for-loss and sacks rightfully get a lot of attention. We're #1 nationally in Tackles-For-Loss and #7 in sacks. Beyond that however, we're #2 nationally in Yards Allowed/Game, #19 in Points Allowed/Game (thanks to our offense turning over the ball weekly in the red zone), #1 in 3rd Down Conversion, #7 in First Downs Allowed, #11 in Turnovers, #9 in Defensive Efficiency, etc, etc, etc. This is absolutely the most explosive defense in the country, and arguably the best period.

The Gerald Willis story, Garvin, Redwine, Finley and Trajan turning into studs, Jaquan, Joe Jack, and Mike Jack continuing to ball, the linebackers not really improving since their freshman year but still playing solidly. Almost every starter will be drafted into the NFL. It's been a great year on that side of the ball, and that shouldn't go unappreciated. Manny Diaz, and his entire staff, have done a **** of a job developing their unit, and we're lucky to have them. I emotionally divested myself from the offense after the BC game, and tried my best to just appreciate what the D was doing against Duke, and it was another awesome performance. I heartily recommend this strategy to my fellow fans over the final 3 games. We've got the best (defensive) team in the country!

Advertisement
+1 orduna. I've been a huge fan of the D this year. Dudes who play football usually take on the demeanor of their coach and that is a testament to Manny. It also explains the problems on the offensive side because those guys are taking after Richt.... mistake laden and panicky.

agree, they are giving it all.
Let's hope they can find more gas to put in their tanks from being on the field so long, over he next 3 games

Advertisement
Back