Defensive 3 deep Prediction

Hstokes1447

Junior
How do you guys see the defensive 3 deep shaping up?

Here is my 3 deep prediction

1st
SDE Ufomba Kamalu RSR
NT Michael Wyche SR
DT Calvin Heurtelou SR
RUSH Al-Quadin Muhammad RSO
SAM Tyriq McCord SR
MLB Raphael Kirby SR
WILL Jermaine Grace JR
CB Artie Burns JR
CB Tracy Howard SR
FS Deon Bush SR
SS Rayshawn Jenkins RJR (If he gets back in shape and is fully healthy Ray could be very solid this season)

2nd
SDE Chad Thomas SO
NT Courtel Jenkins SO
DT Anthony Moten SO
RUSH Trent Harris SO
SAM Darrion Owens SO
MLB Juwon Young SO
WILL Marques Gayot SO
CB Ryan Mayes RFR
CB Corn Elder JR
FS Jaquan Johnson FS
SS Jamal Carter JR

3rd (Hopefully they don't have to go this deep because this is where it gets scary)
SDE Jelani Hamilton RJR
NT Earl Moore RJR
DT Richard McIntosh FR
RUSH Demetrius Jackson RFR
SAM Mike Smith RFR
MLB Terry McCray RFR
WILL Charles Perry FR
CB Michael Jackson FR
CB Sheldrick Redwine FR
FS Dallas Crawford RSR
SS Robert Knowles FR

Advertisement
What I would do if I was running a 3-4 Scheme:
DE: Ufomba Kamalu/ Jelani Hamilton
NT: Calvin Heurtelou/ Michael Wyche/ Courtel Jenkins
DE: Chad Thomas/ Anthony Moten/ Richard McIntosh & Scott Patchan
OLB: Tyriq McCord/ Darrion Owens/ Marques Gayot/ Mike Smith
ILB: Raphael Kirby/ Juwon Young/
ILB: Jermaine Grace/ Terry McCray/ Charles Perry/ James king
OLB: Al-Quadin Muhammad/ Trent Harris/ Demetrius Jackson
CB: Artie Burns/ Ryan Mayes/ Michael Jackson-Kerr/
S: Deon Bush/ Jaquan Johnson/ Robert Knowles
S: Jamal Carter/ Dallas Crawford/
CB: Tracy Howard/ Corn Elder (Slot)/ Sheldrick Redwine/ Terrence Henley

*In My 3-4, the OLB's almost always rush the QB and likely have their hand on the ground. Had to slide Grace inside so we can have the best 4 LB's on the field at once.
Our talent, and the talent Miami produces will always be better suited for a 4-3 attacking scheme, or some variation of that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If anybody says its our talent that won't get it done. That's BS.So many 4* its a shame. Yes statically we had a good year in year to year avg. With a Veteran D it shouldn't be no more excuses. Don't make no **** since.

DE-Muhammed;Kamalu
DT-Moten;Jenkins, C.
DT-Norton;Heurtelou
DE-Thomas;Harris
OLB-Grace;McCord
MLB-Kirby;Young
OLB-Owens;McCray
CB-Burns;Howard
CB-Eder;Mayes
S-Bush;Crawford
S-Carter;Johnson, J.

If anybody says its our talent that won't get it done. That's BS.So many 4* its a shame. Yes statically we had a good year in year to year avg. With a Veteran D it shouldn't be no more excuses. Don't make no **** since.

Totally agree. There is a lot of experience and highly recruited guys in the 2 deep, I almost want to get excited but we all know better than that.

Sde- Chad Thomas
Nose- Wyche or Heurtelou
Tackle- Kamalu or Moten
Rush- AQM
Sam- Owens or McCord
Mike- Kirby
Will- Grace
Cb- Burns
Cb- Elder
Free- Bush
Strong- Carter or Crawford

Courtel Jenkins will play a lot as well. Kamalu could slide out to strong end for a bigger line with Heurt or Moten going to tackle. Trent Harris, D Jack, and McCord should be some nice depth at the rush spot. Expect to see Juwon Young being the first linebacker off the bench with Gayot getting some clock too. Tracy will probably start a few games and expect to see Ryan Mayes or Michael Jackson have to play at some point of the season. Deon Bush should be a lock and from previous years experience the other safety spot will probably be rotational with Carter, Crawford, Jenkins and Johnson.

Advertisement
Chad Thomas needs to be starting, Move Kamalu inside

Kamalu has the goods, he is going to be a beast. They just happened to play the same position. I think Chad is going to play early and often though. No need to get hung up with who starts and who does not.

Kamalu has the goods, he is going to be a beast. They just happened to play the same position. I think Chad is going to play early and often though. No need to get hung up with who starts and who does not.

Tell that to Antonio Crawford who just made a terrible decision for that reason... Players care man

Tell that to Antonio Crawford who just made a terrible decision for that reason... Players care man

IF that is really the reason Antonio Crawford decided to leave the team, im glad he is gone. Last time I checked, being named a starter in March is not something that is written in stone, what he wanted was an GUARANTEED starting spot, on what successful team, do you have starters that are written in permanent marker? Lol. If these guys dont want to compete for their starting spots or the right to start, they can go play tennis or some individual sport where thats not an issue.

I think it's going to come down to what happens with Calvin Heurtelou once he returns. I personally believe the plan is to move Heurtelou to the vacant Olsen Pierre spot and keep Kamalu at SDE, thats why Kamalu has been playing SDE during the spring.

Doing this is actually very smart. It will strengthen the SDE rotation keeping Jelani Hamilton off the field and allow Scott Patchan to redshirt. It will also give Anthony Moten another season to get stronger and experienced before becoming the full time starter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back