Defense post-Louisville

dukemv

Sophomore
"The defense takes on the personality of the DC"... Some of the guys on the D-line seem to be NFL talent, and those are the ones that carry Baker, along w/ the occasional turnover. There are a lot of issues w/ the defense, and it seems like it starts w/ culture/mental issues. Just look at the defensive backs celebrating when Amari made that hit (even though they gave up a big pass play) to Baker leaving Bolden on Tutu for multiple plays in a row. Lashlee is saving this team w/ his schemes, and Baker is trying his best to sink the ship. This team will drop at least 3 this yr if this D doesn't improve, which is a real shame

Advertisement
"The defense takes on the personality of the DC"... Some of the guys on the D-line seem to be NFL talent, and those are the ones that carry Baker, along w/ the occasional turnover. There are a lot of issues w/ the defense, and it seems like it starts w/ culture/mental issues. Just look at the defensive backs celebrating when Amari made that hit (even though they gave up a big pass play) to Baker leaving Bolden on Tutu for multiple plays in a row. Lashlee is saving this team w/ his schemes, and Baker is trying his best to sink the ship. This team will drop at least 3 this yr if this D doesn't improve, which is a real shame
i just dont think hes made for this level of play. that being said, the officiating was horrible and he played alot of freshmen. Still its just off to me.
the celebrating i dont care if they are making plays.

i just dont think hes made for this level of play. that being said, the officiating was horrible and he played alot of freshmen. Still its just off to me.
the celebrating i dont care if they are making plays.
Come on man, after you just gave up a 30 yd pass play and they're in the red zone? Seriously? Contrast that w/ Cam turning down the chain after he scored a TD... Nothing wrong w/ celebrating, but consider context.

LSU last year literally gave up a 40 ball to Ole Miss. As long as we are scoring bro let the defense eat off turnovers. We literally had two drives in a row go for 75 yards off one play lol.. The defense did fine.. Louisville got cheap touchdowns late when the game was all but decided and our young guys were getting reps. Enjoy this win op

Advertisement
Wtf is our supposedly top rated corners were doing. I truly hope they can mature alot faster to reach a decent bowl.

The LB was bad, I don't think it is a talent issue either, I think it is more scheme. Gap integrity would have really help UM against Louisville win game. Also a lot of over pursuing and not smart play calling by Baker.

Wtf is our supposedly top rated corners were doing. I truly hope they can mature alot faster to reach a decent bowl.
Corners gave up a bunch of comeback routes while we were up 14+

I hope we get used to seeing that

As many plays as Bolden made he got torched by Atwell a few times. That’s a scheme issue, not a Bolden issue

If we’re going to score 45+ we are going to give up yards, that’s just a fact. As long as red zone defense and turnovers are timely I’m good with it

Towards the end of the game the defense didnt have the same intensity or game plan. Also Bakers start to call those stupid *** blitzes again towards the end. My biggest issue has been the defense coming out in the 2nd half. 2 weeks in a row the opponent has came out and had a scoring drive with ease. I said last year that our scheme doesn't help out LB's.

Advertisement
Bump. Grateful for win @ NCState, but coaching and culture/mental issues continue. Coach Baker contiues to call mostly ineffective blitzes to sell the D as a unit that causes “chaos” and calls ineffective zones, refusing to adjust. I’m sure there could be better execution by players, but one of the Xs and Os guys should explain what Baker tries to accomplish. Poor gameplanning and getting into brawls as a fighter is a good way to shorten your career, not sure why we keep doing that on D.

Rotten organization with a couple of bright spots, esp D’Eriq King and Lashlee. Really outstanding and inspiring scheming and performances by those two. Still holding out hope for consistent D against ACC competition... At this point still a solid ACC team with a miracle worker at QB. Curious to see if reporters will lay into Coach Baker and Diaz this wk, as Coach Diaz will inevitably fail to address deficiencies

Advertisement
Back