Defense has returned to coral gables

DBrown

Recruit
Idc what happens this year. Get oline and QB ready. The thought of this unit and incoming ballers with experience in this system? oooweeee! Build that oline and were going places.

Yours truly
Optimistic fan

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Entire front seven 2 deep coming back next year plus freshman and injured guys. Chad and other eligible haven't maxed out potential draft stock. And we have coach kool. Let's hope secondary gets figured out

We went through a really ****** 4 game losing streak. Finish the season out with a win and looking solid at a good bowl game and I'll be happy.

Manny is a savage. I can't wait to see what this defensive unit will do in a couple of years.
DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

We got railed out for most of the second half but came away with 2 end zone picks...that INT they took away from Carter/Jenkins was a 14 point swing on top of that.

Advertisement
We got railed out for most of the second half but came away with 2 end zone picks...that INT they took away from Carter/Jenkins was a 14 point swing on top of that.
That happens brah and watching it I never flinched. I notice weve been killer inside the red zone all season. Shorter field with the 12th man allows you to be even more aggressive and thats what they were doing. Fun to watch

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Manny is definitely a savage. Still can't believe so many were down on the hire. Just hope we can keep him for a few years. That D is going to be nasty for years to come.

Manny is definitely a savage. Still can't believe so many were down on the hire. Just hope we can keep him for a few years. That D is going to be nasty for years to come.

It was more than reasonable to be down on the hire. He had a lot of problems historically as a dc. This year has been by far his best performance ever.

El Jefe Diaz brought it over to us, along with a boatload of Kilos...

80% potent, raw, unstepped on... Pure dope

Advertisement
I didnt think Diaz had a ton of problems as DC, people kept bringing up one game years and positions ago but people act as if he couldn't learn and adjust/improve his defensive scheme. I thought and still do think that what he likes to do fits perfectly and everywhere he has went, he has fielded a competent defense and that was at suspect locations. As has been said many times, he has access to a different type of athlete down here and we're watching what he can do with them.

3rd down pass defense is still atrocious, but other then that we've made big moves.

Advertisement
3rd down pass defense is still atrocious, but other then that we've made big moves.

I think that has more to due with the fact that we've got next to no talent in the secondary. Though I do hate when he goes into zone on 3rd down, that may be due to the no talent aspect.

With what Diaz has done this year, we need to lock up him up as HC in waiting Jimbo style.

I agree. OL absolutely must step up. Getting Donaldson is crucial for our success next year. Likely going to come in and immediately start at LT. OL is by far our biggest weakness for next season, followed by CB.

Advertisement
I thought CMR sucked? That's what many of you posted last month...

QB is the problem with this team. He's average at best.

If you don't see that Richt has improved his playcalling, then you're not watching.

Kaaya is a little erratic and hasn't been clutch for us. But I think he's better than average...

They've both improved. As has our OL (with a little help).

How can anyone crank on Kaaya ? About to become Miami's all time passing leader with crappy OLINES and below average receivers.

It was more than reasonable to be down on the hire. He had a lot of problems historically as a dc. This year has been by far his best performance ever.

For the most part, he's the same coordinator he's always been will better personnel and a God D-Line coach.

Advertisement
Back