Defense Defense Defense

Mr. Dynasty1

Junior
Y’all ripping Gattis rightfully so but I don’t see enough anger towards the Defense. Steele called a game that would make Manny cringe.

All the guys that are hyped played and played like trash. JW0 soft. If Jaquan was his size, he would have been an All-American.

LT56 got his lunch ate all night.

Stevenson? Please Kirby saw he was mediocre at best and treated him accordingly.

Flagg, Keontra, Johnson, Porter and the list goes on.

Addae is stealing money. Big Joe also. Don’t know the DE coaches name.

We repeatedly got bombed on by the MTSU whatever’s.

Slow *** players. Quitters.

Advertisement
The offense was suppose to be the “strength” of the team this year while we wait for the defensive personnel issues to graduate out of college but there are some major issues that need to be addressed on that side of the ball as well…

1. Agude is 🗑… why is he on the team?? Can’t get to the QB or ball carrier to save his life but he keeps playing for some reason.

2. Porter is also 🗑…. Why did we offer him out the portal?? He adds nothing to a cb group that needs a lot. Actually makes that group worse like Agude at DE.

3. The duo of Ivey and Tyrique is the slowest cb tandem in cfb history. Tyrique is a safety… and he has the talent to be an elite safety but he’s not a CB, not even close.

4. Bench Ivey, start Tyrique w/ Kam at safety… and figure out how to keep those two + James, Frierson, and Avantae all on the field at the same time.

5. Just roll with the freshmen at CB with Couch and Curtis and let them take their licks.

4. Flagg is solid but he is a 2 down linebacker at best… Chase and Bissainthe need more reps regardless if they fck up. Just roll with it.

All the younger guys like James and LT are some of our best players.., they will get better as they get older just have to let them make plays and also make mistakes. Which is why the offense was suppose to be the dominant group regardless of the WR issues.

This. Team didn’t want to play for these coaches. That simple.
I don’t know if it’s that. I think it’s more arrogance and thinking they would coast to a victory.

I‘ve met Mario. Extremely confident guy and you can tell he demands tenacity and resilience. That mindset needs to be recruited. You can’t take weak minded guys and expect all of them to develop resiliency. Just my 2 cents.

Advertisement
The offense was suppose to be the “strength” of the team this year while we wait for the defensive personnel issues to graduate out of college but there are some major issues that need to be addressed on that side of the ball as well…

1. Agude is 🗑… why is he on the team?? Can’t get to the QB or ball carrier to save his life but he keeps playing for some reason.

2. Porter is also 🗑…. Why did we offer him out the portal?? He adds nothing to a cb group that needs a lot. Actually makes that group worse like Agude at DE.

3. The duo of Ivey and Tyrique is the slowest cb tandem in cfb history. Tyrique is a safety… and he has the talent to be an elite safety but he’s not a CB, not even close.

4. Bench Ivey, start Tyrique w/ Kam at safety… and figure out how to keep those two + James, Frierson, and Avantae all on the field at the same time.

5. Just roll with the freshmen at CB with Couch and Curtis and let them take their licks.

4. Flagg is solid but he is a 2 down linebacker at best… Chase and Bissainthe need more reps regardless if they fck up. Just roll with it.

All the younger guys like James and LT are some of our best players.., they will get better as they get older just have to let them make plays and also make mistakes. Which is why the offense was suppose to be the dominant group regardless of the WR issues.
Maybe all those players have played like 🗑 but we had nothing so if we didn’t sign them as transfers we’d be starting walk ons

I don’t know if it’s that. I think it’s more arrogance and thinking they would coast to a victory.

I‘ve met Mario. Extremely confident guy and you can tell he demands tenacity and resilience. That mindset needs to be recruited. You can’t take weak minded guys and expect all of them to develop resiliency. Just my 2 cents.
Agree 100% on the weak minded piece. There is only so much you can do with weak minded individuals. If they are a 3 on a scale of 10-10 maybe you can get them to a 5. Recruit 7-8 and you can develop them to 9-10’s. Coaches have to evaluate current roster and if the youngsters offer better ability play them regardless of experience. We can build off that for later games and next year.

Advertisement
Y’all ripping Gattis rightfully so but I don’t see enough anger towards the Defense. Steele called a game that would make Manny cringe.

All the guys that are hyped played and played like trash. JW0 soft. If Jaquan was his size, he would have been an All-American.

Stevenson? Please Kirby saw he was mediocre at best and treated him accordingly.

This you?
Screenshot_20220925_222947.jpg

It was all energy. They showed up when Jake scored that TD. That whole game was energy. We played that game with a depleted battery.

Let's be honest...they showed up for one series. They gave up another plenty after that.

We Ain't had a real defense here n bout 18 yrs

Advertisement
We’re currently 107th in yards per play.

For perspective, last year’s ****** defense finished 44th.

107th. That’s with Bethune, Southern Miss, A&M (whose offense sucks) and Middle Tennessee State.
And North Carolina in the on deck circle.

I actually think both coordinators could be one and done.

We’re currently 107th in yards per play.

For perspective, last year’s ****** defense finished 44th.

107th. That’s with Bethune, Southern Miss, A&M (whose offense sucks) and Middle Tennessee State.
And North Carolina in the on deck circle.

I actually think both coordinators could be one and done.
I wouldn’t be mad at it

Advertisement

**** Couch and Curtis. Couch of course was hyped up here by most but what has he done here? Don’t worry I’ll wait. I don’t want a 5’2 130 lb corner on this team. Curtis needs to move to WR or find another program. He is unplayable at corner.

Flagg is not solid. He is one of the worst lb’s to ever play here. I gave him praise for A&M but that’s as far as I go.

we got a safety playing corner - 2
a safety that should be a corner - 7
a linebacker that should be a safety - 3
a linebacker playing safety - 0
a WR playing corner - 16
8 is garbage, 5 is terrible, 23 is a midget, 29 recruited by Rumph, freshmen are freshmen
15 hype exceeds production
24 only true position player

this is probably the most uncoordinated secondary I have ever seen suit up.

Advertisement
Back