Defense anyone?

Canesfrom

Sophomore
Premium
Really happy about our offense recruiting... 2 qbs, 4 lineman, rb... But why do we only have one d commit right now? Clear to me where the strength of our staff is right now. I will feel much better when we are at least 60/40

Advertisement
Because the offense recruits have seen Golden and that side of the ball can develop players. The defense still has a lot to show these kids. But like caneallday said, they will come.

Advertisement
60.jpg

I trust Golden knows what he's doing... He's making Defense a priority and im sure they are recruiting there tails off on the Defensive side of the ball... right now its just easier to pick up Offensive recruits with the year we had on offense last year... Golden will get the right pieces on defense...and if defense steps it up during the year it will make recruiting that much easier... especially if we have a kick *** year and win the ACC... or at least be FSpoo and Ufag

@CANEINSIDER: Expecting a couple big time DT's to commit in the next few weeks. Stay thirsty my friends!

Just sayin

Advertisement
Its May, the commits dont matter now. If we have this problem in Feb 2014 then ill be worried.

I'm sure Golden is reading this thread, throwing papers around the room screaming:

"I knew we forgot something!!!!!"

Advertisement
@CANEINSIDER: Expecting a couple big time DT's to commit in the next few weeks. Stay thirsty my friends!

Just sayin

Besides not having any source, I am sure this is just possible because of the JUCO and some out of state kid. This isn't real insight just a vauge guess.

I posted that for comedic value. Everything to them is "possibly in a few weeks".

Advertisement
My first reaction is to bash posts like this but not everyone has followed recruiting much so let's politely tell the kid that we used to not ever even have commits this early anyways and your lucky if you can get most early commits to stick also.

If it wasn't for striking out on some DT targets the last couple years, this wouldn't even be a point of anxiety here. You really want all the good early commits you can get because even if their all on offense, the defensive kids will see what's happenning and want in.

My first reaction is to bash posts like this but not everyone has followed recruiting much so let's politely tell the kid that we used to not ever even have commits this early anyways and your lucky if you can get most early commits to stick also.

If it wasn't for striking out on some DT targets the last couple years, this wouldn't even be a point of anxiety here. You really want all the good early commits you can get because even if their all on offense, the defensive kids will see what's happenning and want in.

Nope. The staff has a new strategy. Recruit only offensive players.

It's usually best to wait until the last week before signing day to bother recruiting defensive players.

It makes the players more hungry.

also keep in the mind that defense is really young, as far as numbers go we are probably set everywhere except LB and mayb S

Advertisement
Back