Defense against Notre Dame....

We can't just sell out against the run. If they break through the line there will be only one player back there. We'll slow Adams down as long as we don't run any stunts on run downs. We didn't run any against VT and it was our best run D of the season. We are going to come after them on 3rd down, Wimbush is very poor at picking up blitzes as well, should get home. I could see us rolling up some huge sack number against him. I find it funny when people talk about ND OL like we don't have a NFL DL that goes legit 2 deep.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Whatever UGA did. Copy that.

It's important to note that their game against UGA was their 2nd game of the season. They've developed much more of an identity on offense since then.

Agree. Second game of the year with a green QB playing against a veteran defense that's very good. Since that game they've been effective against two pretty good defenses (MSU, NC State) and ran it up on USC.
They didn't move it that well against MSU. They had 3 turnovers before halftime including a pick 6 is how ND blew that game open. They had 355 yards in total and MSU had 491.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I would have 4 DL and be mostly in the nickel. Instead of 3 LB I would sub our 3rd LB most vulnerable (prob McCloud) and put in a hybrid S/CB to spy Winbush. 4-2-5 base with maybe JJ spying Winbush most of the game. Wide splits slanting inside. Bump coverage outside. And tell my LBs to read and react. Man up on the outside majority of the game with some zones just to keep them guessing. Crash hard and make them throw it. If they beat us over the top then good for them.

Saw both games, UGA n NC St, winbush throws a floating ball past 15 yds. The receivers are not ball hawks and both UGA n NC State corners kept up with the receivers. Also, he cannot read a defense, throws all the time to first read. If we put pressure on ND offensive line they will crumble. Penetration kills their running game. The RB is a straight forward runner no bake n shake in his game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back