Def

KOOLAID4L

Freshman
So I watched the spring game n I was impressed by the physicality of the def very different from last yr. I do think our DE will lack this year n the corners seem to be more physical as well. But for some reason everytime I see them n cover 2 it makes me want to throw up. Safties played like they didn't care about there bodies n you need that when teams are throwing into holes we have on def. I just hope that what we watched in the game was just simple stuff n the def will bring more come Alabama way. The oline idc what u say they have gotten better. Run game I think needs Chaney back as soon as possible cam doesn't seem to have that same drive like he use to. Anybody see anything that they loved or hated on Sat?

Advertisement
Advertisement
So I watched the spring game n I was impressed by the physicality of the def very different from last yr. I do think our DE will lack this year n the corners seem to be more physical as well. But for some reason everytime I see them n cover 2 it makes me want to throw up. Safties played like they didn't care about there bodies n you need that when teams are throwing into holes we have on def. I just hope that what we watched in the game was just simple stuff n the def will bring more come Alabama way. The oline idc what u say they have gotten better. Run game I think needs Chaney back as soon as possible cam doesn't seem to have that same drive like he use to. Anybody see anything that they loved or hated on Sat?
I think we were pretty vanilla on defense, but the cover 2 in itself isn't bad. You have to have good safety play though and LBs have to know the they're seeing in front of them..

I feel like we played these zone coverages with vanilla rush to see what the issues are running these coverages to put them on film and tell the players "hey, this is messed up, this is what you should do".

It was the first proper game situation in this preseason and I felt like we wanted to focus on very fundamental stuff so that these things are right before they install more complex stuff based on game situations.

Advertisement
1619034676818.png

Advertisement
Back