Deep dive into potential portal prospects

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
So the idea isn’t to replace the portal thread but to keep from clogging it for what it’s really for which is tracking players that are entering and where they’re joining. I’m going to list just a personal list of what I would try to accomplish and you guys can bring in guys you would explore as well. I’m going in order of positions.

* Tulane QB Michael Pratt - This has asterisk by it because it’s moot if TVD returns. If he doesn’t this is QB 1 in my mind. He gives a dual threat guy that can get an offense vertical down the field. He reminds a lot of Taylor Heineke where he doesn’t do anything special but he’s a spark plug/bulldog mentality guy that just figures out how to win. He’s not running 4.4 and winning arm strength competitions but he’ll win.

1) USF QB Katravis Marsh- This is a long term answer hopefully at QB. He showed a lot of growth and a lot of ceiling during his limited time. He‘s raw but He reminds me little of Cam. Bring in somebody like Kevin Johns or Phil Longo and somebody like this would set the ACC on fire.He‘s also a guy who can be versatile as a runner. If Jeff Scott ends up here then I think the heat turns up more here. Hopefully his neck injury is healed and he can work on being more accurate.

2) WVU RB/OW CJ Donaldson - Le’veon Bell…do you understand? He would easily be the best player on offense…and no, he’s not a TE. We’re not the SFL head coaches who cost this man his 4th and 5th star.

3) TAMU Commerce WR Anthony Armstrong - I’m not going to go too deep into him but I do prefer him over Dubose. I think he’s an top round NFL guy based on the tape I’ve seen and I think he’s going to be the most talented guy on the market unless a Jordan Addison pops up.

4) UC WR Elijah Spencer - Yea it’s time for TVD to get the Tua treatment. Elijah can play in the slot or outside and helps solidify the room with Young for a couple of years. Him and Armstrong flip this room to the most talented room on the team.

5) Ball St TE Tanner Koziel - We’re spending money on guys who can catch the ball Ruiz! Tanner gives us a giant 6’7 red zone threat that we can use while using somebody like Skinner as well. Really talented kid that I don’t know how he escapes Bret Beiliema‘s grasp.

6) North Texas LB/DE Mazin Richards - Hybrid rusher for that Joker role. Extremely productive and can even play off ball if needed.

7) MTSU DT Marley Cook - Remember him? Remember when y’all said MTSU doesn’t have talent? Yea…undersized guy at 6’1 300 but really strong with good hands. Def adds talent and depth.

8) MTSU DL Zaylin Wood - You guys remember him though right? He had 2 sacks against us. He‘s in a Akeem role where you can play him inside and outside on run downs. Reminds a lot of Gator Jonathan Bullard.

9) ODU LB Jason Henderson - Not only is he your prototype MLB…He’s got 160 tackles!!!! 160 TACKLES!!!!! Ruiz needs to pay him what he wants. Whatever it is. Other than that, super instinctual with a wrestler background( sound familiar? ) and he’s a good athlete allowing him to play in space. I’m counting this as our 2nd LB because Richards can play off ball as well.

10) Toledo CB Quinyon Mitchell - I was tempted to go Devontae Brown but I like our chances with him better. 6’0 200 pound DB that is top 10 in picks. Physical and loves to press. Probably an upgrade over Rique.

11) Rice Safety Gabe Taylor - nostalgia! All seriousness, Very solid safety and really good in open space. Definitely a starter here!

Leaves room for Olinemen….and go!

Advertisement
Would love to have those two mtsu dlineman but why would they join a team they just walked all over

Advertisement
If we are looking for TE, then I wouldn’t mind reaching out to Jaheim Bell from South Carolina. He is supposedly entering the Portal.

If we sign Damari Brown, do we look to take his brother from UCF?

I want CJ Donaldson

If we are looking for TE, then I wouldn’t mind reaching out to Jaheim Bell from South Carolina. He is supposedly entering the Portal.

If we sign Damari Brown, do we look to take his brother from UCF?

I want CJ Donaldson
I mean if browns brother wants to come it would be hard to turn him down… but if Tyrique comes back I have a hard time thinking he plays as I think cormani starts day one next to him…. Not due to recruiting promises but he’s just that **** good

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’d take Dequan Finn over Katravis Marsh. More accomplished passer and better rusher. But still very much a work in progress.

CJ would be a really nice add but surprised you don’t have Frank Gore Jr as an option.

I think there will be higher upside guys on the DL then the ones you listed but the North Texas guy looks interesting.

And please bring us Henderson from ODU.

Great post thank you!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back