DeeJay Dallas

Vizslacane

Redshirt Freshman
There are a lot of posts about DeeJay entering the draft after this season, so UM needs 2 RBs in the 2020 class. I totally understand that. I am the first to admit that I have no idea whether DeeJay is staying or going. But is there another player at UM in the last 10 years (or more) who appears to love UM more? Can we safely make the statement that DeeJay would be the LAST person to do anything to hurt his team (even if he isn't playing on it anymore) or his coaches? So, if UM is solid with 1 RB commit for 2020, is it reasonable to assume that DeeJay is staying for his senior year, and that he has told the coaches that, and given his high character, the coaches believe him and are counting on him to stay?

Advertisement
Even if he leaves theres no need to reach on a back. We would have 4 next year and we have only used 2 all year.
Even 2 is misleading. The lack of tempo and 3rd down % conversions really doesn't allow for too many plays a game. When Deejay is healthy, Cam is only getting 2-4 carries a game

Even if he leaves theres no need to reach on a back. We would have 4 next year and we have only used 2 all year.

Not every year are you so lucky health wise...Especially when one of those backs misses weeks at a time when he gets a hangnail and has done so since the 11th grade (and I actually like the kid Burns when he does get in a game, nice back for sure...Prob never lives up to that beast sophomore high school tape promise, but he can definitely run the rock at UM)

But yeah...get a stable in here.

There's always that chance Burns and/or Lingard transfer. If both were to happen, that leaves us with Harris and Chaney (if Dallas enters the draft). Obviously that's worst case scenario but it's still a possibility. It would be best to take one more just in case.

Advertisement
Everyone assumes DJ is going. It's become gospel with no facts. I get the reasons why. But Manny talked about how they sat with all the juniors over the past week and had some real conversations. We shall see what happens .

I think the staff is happy with just Chaney unless Knighton falls our way

There's always that chance Burns and/or Lingard transfer. If both were to happen, that leaves us with Harris and Chaney (if Dallas enters the draft). Obviously that's worst case scenario but it's still a possibility. It would be best to take one more just in case.

Ya if we really really have to only stay with 4, ok I can live with it...Esp if we can't take more than 25 because so many other needs...BUT the staff better not act shocked and use it as an excuse if there is a transfer. They need to see that **** coming.

That is the scenario you plan for as a head coach, the worst case.....well....should plan for.

UM

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back