Deejay Dallas Senior Highlights

Advertisement
Anyone who says he's too slow for CB needs to help me better understand the Corner position. Now, there's a side argument that he may do his best work as a Centerfielder-type FS, but those are DB attributes on display if I've ever seen them. To play Safety in our system, he'd need to be physical and I have no idea if he is or isn't capable of growing into that type.

He may play WR. I don't know. I'd be disappointed if he didn't get an extended look at DB.

Preech!!!!

Have read that Saban loved this kids upside at corner. Reminds me off a kid that played under Richt at Georgia (Brandon Boykins)!

Man, I don't care where he plays for us as long as he plays.

Since the day he committed he's been 100% about the U and that has never wavered. Play him in the slot on Off. Move him around like we did Jaquan on Def this year.

Get him on the field and put him in a position to be successful and make plays.

He would be a handful as a option qb at a place like Georgia tech. With that being said im grateful he will be a Cane.

Advertisement
The only problem is that he's played QB in HS.

He's like Corn Elder in the sense that it's going to take time to transition him to his new position in college. I don't expect an immediate impact on O or D.
He's the type of player you implement plays for weekly.... sorta like Michigan used Peppers...he sounds smart enough to play a versatile role until needed at one position.....bottom line is Deejay can make it happen with the ball in his hands!

Advertisement
Pretty impressive highlights. Much faster than I thought he was!

I loved him throwing up the []_[] espicially to the opposing bench after a PBU at about 9:55 and some kid on the bench turns it down! lol

Anyone who says he's too slow for CB needs to help me better understand the Corner position. Now, there's a side argument that he may do his best work as a Centerfielder-type FS, but those are DB attributes on display if I've ever seen them. To play Safety in our system, he'd need to be physical and I have no idea if he is or isn't capable of growing into that type.

He may play WR. I don't know. I'd be disappointed if he didn't get an extended look at DB.

Lu, He's clearly fast enough to be a CB or FS. But do you think he is better than Young, Wright and the 12-13 other DBs coming in this year and next? My feeling is that even if he's more naturally talented, they all have played that side of the ball their entire youth, and Deejay would most likely sit for a couple years. Meanwhile, he could have instant impact at slot or in an Irving Fryar type role.

Love having this kid committed, kid of player that's going to come in and work his *** off and be a great ambassador of the program.

Advertisement

Lu, He's clearly fast enough to be a CB or FS. But do you think he is better than Young, Wright and the 12-13 other DBs coming in this year and next? My feeling is that even if he's more naturally talented, they all have played that side of the ball their entire youth, and Deejay would most likely sit for a couple years. Meanwhile, he could have instant impact at slot or in an Irving Fryar type role.

I understand your point. This is a philosophy thing, I think.

If he's more naturally talented than most of those guys, his talent should be developed in college to make the most of his career ($). Compare it to Sam Shields, as one example. We needed help at WR, but he should have been a DB here from jump. The best thing we can do as a program is to say "whatever you are, we're going to max your talent to make you potentially the best pro possible." It'd be as much a help for our team (as it relates to games) as it would be for recruiting (attracting).

Remember corn elder was more known as running back than a db in high school but looked how the move to cb turn turned out for him so far. He's one of the best corners in the country

Remember corn elder was more known as running back than a db in high school but looked how the move to cb turn turned out for him so far. He's one of the best corners in the country

Did Kaaya make him an NFL player?

Advertisement

The kid has a college-ready body and I was surprised. It will be hard not to give him some burn at wide receiver assuming he has the consistent hands for it. I do agree. He has potential to be an immediate impact player at DB.

He'll be elite wherever you put him. Have him work out both ways in the off season and just figure out his best position. If it ends up being CB so be it. He clearly needs to be incorporated into the offense some if he plays CB. Just use him like Woodson.

Lol @ whoever said he's slow.

Advertisement
Back