Dee Delaney is a big dude

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Heard he's walking around at 205 right now

[TWEET]892765655153475589[/TWEET]

Advertisement
This kid has to have the boundary corner position locked up, right?

One of the most interesting battles of fall camp will be Young vs Dean (and Jackson?) for the field spot.

One of the most interesting battles of fall camp will be Young vs Dean (and Jackson?) for the field spot.

why not Bandy?

May the best man win.

Advertisement
He actually looks like he slimmed down from the first pic we saw of him a couple of months ago. Which is a great thing. Excited to see what he can bring

Advertisement

All three (Delaney, Young, Dean) will be on the field for over 50% of our snaps. The interesting experiment to me will be who they decide to place outside or inside between Dean and Young. Conventional wisdom says Dean's length and make-up speed would go on the outside. I think that'd easily make logical sense.

However, I would be really interested to see Diaz try Dean inside against opponents' slot guys.
He's incredibly sticky.
His make-up speed could be best utilized against vertical routes out of the slot.
His change of direction is excellent.
Sure, he'd probably have to be even more of a willing tackler and get accustomed to some "under" zone coverages.
But, for certain packages where the inside DB is sometimes left man-to-man against a guy who's expected to either make a big play or move the chains, I'd love to see Dean help our 3rd down percentages in a creative way.

Also, Young may be smaller, but his ball skills are excellent, so it isn't like he's necessarily a deficiency on the outside.

Delaney was the one who kept blowing up route runners during Spring 7x7s, correct? I want to put him on the best guy and beat the crap out of the kid so that he wants to roll up into a fetal position by the second half.

Delaney was the one who kept blowing up route runners during Spring 7x7s, correct? I want to put him on the best guy and beat the crap out of the kid so that he wants to roll up into a fetal position by the second half.
I thought Dean came in first summer session

Delaney knows this is his money year so he is taking no prisoners on the outside.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Is he the biggest/most physically imposing corner at UM since...who? Antrell Rolle?

Seriously, he looks bigger than most safeties....

All three (Delaney, Young, Dean) will be on the field for over 50% of our snaps. The interesting experiment to me will be who they decide to place outside or inside between Dean and Young. Conventional wisdom says Dean's length and make-up speed would go on the outside. I think that'd easily make logical sense.

However, I would be really interested to see Diaz try Dean inside against opponents' slot guys.
He's incredibly sticky.
His make-up speed could be best utilized against vertical routes out of the slot.
His change of direction is excellent.
Sure, he'd probably have to be even more of a willing tackler and get accustomed to some "under" zone coverages.
But, for certain packages where the inside DB is sometimes left man-to-man against a guy who's expected to either make a big play or move the chains, I'd love to see Dean help our 3rd down percentages in a creative way.

Also, Young may be smaller, but his ball skills are excellent, so it isn't like he's necessarily a deficiency on the outside.

I think bandy gone play a lot. He has the skill set diaz is looking for in the secondary.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back