December 15th, Dec 30th

FullyERicht

Thunderdome
Those are the dates that Pete Carroll (USC) and Jim Harbaugh (Michigan) were hired.

The level of estrogen and chicken-littleness going around is ridiculous. Part of it is the cult people trying to stir up panic about how we haven't hired anyone yet, which "must mean no one loves us and we need Butch now!"

Get it together, or take up a less masculine hobby. Frankly, the fact that we haven't hired someone is good, b/c three of the best candidates (Kelly, Pagano, and Hue) are in the NFL. Other candidates hadn't finished their seasons yet until two days ago.

If we had hired someone by now, it would have been a lower division coach or college assistant. So while you nancies wouldn't have to wait as long, those who have brains would have been ****ed that we settled on some easy get corch.

Advertisement
Those are the dates that Pete Carroll (USC) and Jim Harbaugh (Michigan) were hired.

The level of estrogen and chicken-littleness going around is ridiculous. Part of it is the cult people trying to stir up panic about how we haven't hired anyone yet, which "must mean no one loves us and we need Butch now!"

Get it together, or take up a less masculine hobby. Frankly, the fact that we haven't hired someone is good, b/c three of the best candidates (Kelly, Pagano, and Hue) are in the NFL. Other candidates hadn't finished their seasons yet until two days ago.

If we had hired someone by now, it would have been a lower division coach or college assistant. So while you nancies wouldn't have to wait as long, those who have brains would have been ****ed that we settled on some easy get corch.

I say exhaust all top options, because Butch will still be there at the end if we can't do any better. It would be nice to have someone before the recruiting dead period, but a great hire is more important than any one recruiting class

I will reserve the right to panic at a later date but for the moment, it seems as if they aren't rushing to a
conclusion. Which is good btw.

Only reason people should be panicking is if we were to hire Mario, Schiano, Chud, or some college coordinator.

Clearly, Miami could have hired any of those types by now, which indicates they aren't going to settle on someone like that. They will pursue elite coaches until one bites, and will hire Butch in the unlikely event they completely strike out.

Decision coming by Wednesday per FootballScoop.

Will you cry when Butch is hired, GoldenShowers?

Advertisement
November 27th (Paul Hackett) & December 2nd (Brady Hoke) firing dates.

Golden was fired October 25th.. Just for some perspective.

dog.jpg

We'll probably have our coach announcement by the end of this week, so December 15 and December 30 will have no meaning whatsoever.

Advertisement
November 27th (Paul Hackett) & December 2nd (Brady Hoke) firing dates.

Golden was fired October 25th.. Just for some perspective.

Who cares? People knew those dudes were getting fired for months. I don't think you are following. Miami could have hired Butch, Mario, Schiano, and Chud already. They could have hired Babers already. If they were going after some mediocre corch, he'd be hired already.

I'd like to have a coach hired ASAP for recruiting purposes. I'm also self-centered and impatient. What the **** does that have to do with anything? My kid wishes Christmas could be tomorrow morning, he doesn't rationalize waiting because Santa will have more time to make a better choice for his present.

No, but I will laugh when you people are calling for a new coach in 3 years.

Im laughing now cause you have been on the Chip Kelly cheerleading Team and he aint coming.... you should have known he wasn't coming... but wishful thinking though...lol...seems like it Butch or Richt if he wants it

Advertisement

Im laughing now cause you have been on the Chip Kelly cheerleading Team and he aint coming.... you should have known he wasn't coming... but wishful thinking though...lol...seems like it Butch or Richt if he wants it

Says who? You say this as if you want elite coaches not to come....it's very odd that you like a coach better than the program itself. Strange strange behavior.

You name one big time NFL coach you know we could get. Or one you know if we wait would run at the opportunity to coach at UM.
That we wouldn't be hiring the same guy on Wednesday or Thursday that we would hire in Dec or January?

Says who? You say this as if you want elite coaches not to come....it's very odd that you like a coach better than the program itself. Strange strange behavior.

I never said i like a coach more than a program.... I have been a cane fan my whole life. I love the Canes.... its just an elite coach will come but it has to be the right coach and Money will be a big factor for any elite coach...they aint taking 4 mill a year either..i bet you that

Advertisement
I was hoping for Chip or Butch. Got Butch. I'm good and ready to roll with that. Played poker with Butch a while back, and the guy was locked in on wanting to come back to Miami. I think he's evolved as a coach, taken in some perspective both from his football experiences as well as his past with cancer, and is about as motivated as anyone to make this work.

With regards to Chip, I think Chip is conflicted. Not sure what he wants to do. Not sure he knows what he wants to do. How he finishes the season may determine that.

A week ago after the Bucs game, reports were out that he was over Philly, Philly was over him, and, more importantly, he lost the team. Usually, I'd say where there's smoke, there's fire. May be smoldering now, but expect a full inferno if they don't start winning.

The uncertainty of his situation was probably the deal killer. Both parties have to know what they want. If we knew and he didn't, then it wasn't going to work for us. It's essentially that simple.

Denying that Chip is NOT coming - now that's strange behavior.

Chip is NOT coming to UM.

Chip never WAS coming to UM.

Oh - hate doing this - Santa isn't real, so Santa isn't coming either.

Boom to this. I swear some posters on here live there lives in the Dream Time. Some of the names I've heard being spoken by the "Dreamchaser" gang is comical! (Talking to you franchise, miss Connie and golden showers).. You guys played yourselves. Just get on the Butch bandwagon and let's get this thing going!

Advertisement
Back