Dec. 8, Monday 7 pm ET: Savannah State at #15 Miami

Kirijax

Senior
Canes vs. Savannah State Tigers (3-6, 6th in Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference)

Savannah State's last game: Dec 6 at Indiana Hoosiers. Lost 95-49

ESPN Preview

Savannah State Dec 8.PNG

Go Canes!

Advertisement
I hope this is one of those games where we make a lesser opponent pay for our mistakes this past weekend. We have a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way up until Providence and UVA in the conference opener, so we still have a few games to work out the wrinkles. Let's get 'em, Coach L.

Advertisement
Flipped it on just in time to see that in-bound alley-oop. Nice.

I'm not sure what has changed with this team, but I feel like we don't look for the open guy after penetration like we did the first few games. Too many guys throwing up prayers driving into the lane instead of kicking it back out.

I'm not sure what has changed with this team, but I feel like we don't look for the open guy after penetration like we did the first few games. Too many guys throwing up prayers driving into the lane instead of kicking it back out.

I think we have been scouted and impeding the guards from penetrating and dishing off. The team does not seem to be inspired and the defense lacks intensity. IMO

I think we have been scouted and impeding the guards from penetrating and dishing off. The team does not seem to be inspired and the defense lacks intensity. IMO

THIS too. Particularly when it comes to contesting 3's. We've looked sluggish since the long road trip to be honest. It's too early to be REAL concerned, but it's also too early to be tired and sluggish. Hopefully they shut me up here in the second half.

Advertisement

THIS too. Particularly when it comes to contesting 3's. We've looked sluggish since the long road trip to be honest. It's too early to be REAL concerned, but it's also too early to be tired and sluggish. Hopefully they shut me up here in the second half.

Lack of intensity on defense is all about energy and effort, it's not there tonight nor with Green Bay. The have stalled, but confident Coach L will not tolerate that ****. These announcers are douche,

ARod is in a big time shooting slump. Including tonight's game 8 for his last 39. Other than the UF game Lecomte has outplayed him.

ARod is in a big time shooting slump. Including tonight's game 8 for his last 39. Other than the UF game Lecomte has outplayed him.

Not getting to the rim or inside the paint as much either. HIs play has to be better for this team to really be successful.

Advertisement
Good guys win 70-39. Won by 31. Angel scored 17, McClellan and Leconte scored 15 each. Jekiri with 9 rebounds. Canes are now 9-1.

I'll take it.

I'm not sure if there is such a thing as an ugly 31 point win, but if there is, that was it. I'll take it, but I'm glad for the big break before WKU and Providence. Gotta figure the defense out.

Savannah St is horrible. Lost by 61 to Lville and 46 to Indiana. They did beat Winthrop which is a big surprise. I am sure Coach L was not happy with the 16 turnovers. I believe this week is finals week so will give the team the benefit of the doubt.

Advertisement
Good guys win 70-39. Won by 31. Angel scored 17, McClellan and Leconte scored 15 each. Jekiri with 9 rebounds. Canes are now 9-1.

I'll take it.

Any injuries?

Haven't heard of any. There is no mention of it on the school site but then again they rarely ever tell the fans anything like that any ways.

Going healthy into ACC play is huge.

Can you imagine Reed side by side with Mclellan. We would be Lob City U. I think taking a super athlete like Reed out hurts the D more than anything though.

Advertisement
Back