Dearly Beloved:

Can't understand the admins' attitude for this program: Only partial scholarships....

Everyone in D1 gives only partial scholarships.
And we charge these kids a bucketload for tuition. Makes perfect sense.

So you want to give athletes a discount? Do you realize how illegal and retarded that is?

Of course we can't give them less tuition than other students. Therein lies the problem. However, I wonder how schools like Vanderbilt and Stanford handle this problem. They're as expensive (or more so) than Miami, but Vandy has had some very good teams recently.

Two schools with endowments of 3.8b Vandy and 22b Stanford.

Advertisement

With that huge endowment and debt-free guarantee, Stanford hasn't made the post-season since 2014, hasn't won the conference since 2004, and hasn't won a title since 1988. So maybe it's not about finances after all, no matter how many times you people try to use it as an excuse for Jim and Gino.

With that huge endowment and debt-free guarantee, Stanford hasn't made the post-season since 2014, hasn't won the conference since 2004, and hasn't won a title since 1988. So maybe it's not about finances after all, no matter how many times you people try to use it as an excuse for Jim and Gino.

FFS, stop being so disengenous, you know very well the point is valid. You can't prop up two schools as examples with nothing to back it up. Show me some schools similar to Miami with similar success...you can't. Is Morris done, sure, but you also can't act like the tuition situation hasn't help the slide into mediocrity.

Tuition is just an obstacle. Just like when Vanderbilt had zero baseball tradition; that was just an obstacle for Tim Corbin. He overcame that with tireless recruiting and top notch player development. Our staff doesn't work hard enough to overcome the tuition obstacle.

I've said it dozens of times and I'm not just making it up: our staff recruits from the confines of the baseball office. There are PLENTY of top notch baseball players who can afford Miami. But if they don't live in South Florida or if they don't contact us, our staff doesn't know about them. Some of us saw this coming, and now here we are.

People can put me on ignore or insult me, but none of you can refute what I've said. We are in this position because the Fraser building became a country club for Morris, DiMare, and Arteaga. None of them have the drive or passion to compete for a championship.

Tuition is just an obstacle. Just like when Vanderbilt had zero baseball tradition; that was just an obstacle for Tim Corbin. He overcame that with tireless recruiting and top notch player development. Our staff doesn't work hard enough to overcome the tuition obstacle.

I've said it dozens of times and I'm not just making it up: our staff recruits from the confines of the baseball office. There are PLENTY of top notch baseball players who can afford Miami. But if they don't live in South Florida or if they don't contact us, our staff doesn't know about them. Some of us saw this coming, and now here we are.

People can put me on ignore or insult me, but none of you can refute what I've said. We are in this position because the Fraser building became a country club for Morris, DiMare, and Arteaga. None of them have the drive or passion to compete for a championship.

Some people can't handle the truth.

Advertisement
Of course we can't give them less tuition than other students. Therein lies the problem. However, I wonder how schools like Vanderbilt and Stanford handle this problem. They're as expensive (or more so) than Miami, but Vandy has had some very good teams recently.

Vanderbilt has great coaching, end of story.

They do have great coaching, but the obstacles still remain. Is Morris done? Yes, and I would have a problem if Miami chose to elevate DiMare at this point, because a change is needed in the program. Miami needs to bring in new blood, much like what happened when Morris was brought in all those years ago. That said, finances do play a role, and Morris has kept this thing relatively on the tracks despite being behind the eight ball. It's amazing to think that this program has managed to stay postseason eligible in an environment where schools like Stanford, Rice, USC and others have gone long stretches without any kind of success. Vanderbilt hit a homer with their hire, and I believe Miami can do the same if James and Co. does the right thing and hires someone with legit HC experience.

I'm disappointed that the streak most likely will come to an end, but this day was coming. Nothing lasts forever(Duke basketball and Michigan football have managed to not be in the postseason in my lifetime), and after the last two years of teams that ran to Omaha, the bill was going to come due.

Advertisement
Back