Dear Dee Delaney

frostycane

Junior
Congratulations young man! You picked yourself up and played a pretty darn good game! We may just have been too quick to write you off your a darn good man to man defender and you actually tackled tonight! Good work we needyou

Advertisement
We pressed and put LB in position to take away routes to the point he only had to jam and watch the comeback and short slants.

It SOOOO obvious we simplified the defense. Players didn't look confused like they were the last 2 games.

Last edited:
Congratulations young man! You picked yourself up and played a pretty darn good game! We may just have been too quick to write you off your a darn good man to man defender and you actually tackled tonight! Good work we needyou

I thought overall the secondary played a much better game. Still do not like that some of the CB are not turning their heads around, but still a solid performance tonight.

Advertisement
Secondary played much better, as well as the defense in general. 3rd and long conversions early was a bit of concern, looked like some adjustments were employed to take care of that

I knew he would bounce back. People take him for granted, he probably plays more snaps than anyone.

Great performance, hopefully a nice boost for his confidence and definitely a good omen going forward.

Advertisement
Much better performance by him, I'm glad to see it. But lets not pretend those Duke receivers were any good that he was covering.

Dee Delaney played much better tonight and we actually had a Jhavonte Dean sighting. Glad for both and we'll need them moving forward. Maybe it's me; but I don't like the way Malek Young plays DB. He runs with the WR just fine; but he never has his head turned around. If he did, he'd have 6 picks by now.

I thought overall the secondary played a much better game. Still do not like that some of the CB are not turning their heads around, but still a solid performance tonight.

Young could have had 2 or 3 picks if he would just make the turn at the end.

Advertisement
What was Young stats? Throw against/completions against? He got smoked on a few routes a better QB throw and game is different.

I thought Young had a good game, could of been better had he turned around on some of those passes.

Advertisement
We pressed and put LB in position to take away routes to the point he only had to jam and watch the comeback and short slants.

It SOOOO obvious we simplified the defense. Players didn't look confused like they were the last 2 games.

It's amazing how much better the defense looked when they started putting someone in front of the slot receiver.
Also I don't care if he can tackle or not I liked what I saw out of Dean.

Delaney balled as I knew he would . he just needed to adjust. We will have a top 10 O and a top 10 D by November . The stats might not fully back it up as our D gives up some yards between the 30's just like last season but we don't give up points and that is what matters.

Advertisement
Back