Deangelo Gibbs 2017 DB

Advertisement
Top50 overall prospect Deangelo Gibbs (Loganville, Ga./Grayson) saw an inspired effort from Tennessee during his visit last weekend, watching the Vols come from behind to snap its 11-game losing streak to Florida. Gibbs is hoping to see a similar effort out of a Georgia team coming off a 45-14 road loss to Ole Miss.

"I want to the best they can give," Gibbs said, on vsporto's SEC Recruiting Buzz. "I want to see what they really have to offer. Last week, they did not do too well. I want to see how they can bounce back from a loss. I want to see if they have the potential to come out strong, give it their all, and just not back down."

The four-star talent feels Georgia is a program on the rise under first-year head coach Kirby Smart.

"I never expected them to win a national championship," Gibbs said. "So far, I have liked what I have seen. Coming in, as a new coaching staff, I believe they are building that program, building an empire up as a team, as a coaching staff. I believe once they get a good recruiting class, I believe they will be a great team."

The top-rated uncommitted prospect in Georgia, Gibbs is friends with several other Peach State commitments, many of whom have already made the decision to play for the Bulldogs.

"Georgia commitments have been on me ever since they committed," Gibbs said. "Most of them are my guys. They recruit me just as hard as the coaches do."

The 6-foot-2, 205-pound defensive back feels he could step in and make an impact at Georgia.

"I see a great opportunity," Gibbs said. "I believe, if I take my talents there, I have a good chance to get on the field. I believe that I have a wide-open opportunity. I believe that in a few other schools, but I believe Georgia, with Kirby, they have something going on. Mel Tucker, they put the best players on the field, regardless of what grade you are in or who you are."

Gibbs hopes to schedule official visits to Southern Cal, Miami, LSU, Ohio State, and Alabama and announce a decision at the Under Armour All-America Game in January before enrolling early at the program of his choice.

I preface this by saying, I think we have 0% chance at landing him, but hopefully we put on show vs FSU and it changes his mind...
(Nope, probably not...lol)

This kid is all Uga. I'm sure he'll give us a visit along with his GA friends and we'll end up being a close 2nd. Seen this movie way too many times.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back