Deandre Burnett

LexCane55

Senior
6-foot-2 combo guard from Carol City High School. Dade County's leading scorer. He is averaging right around 40 points per game. He had 43 tonight vs KropI know Miami has some interest, but we need to get him here. The kid is one of the best scorers I have seen in high school. He would be a great addition.

Advertisement
must get IMO.

When a kid in Miami is averaging 40 points a game you need to go ahead and nab him up. Hometown kid.

Ochiel Swaby averaged 48 ppg and couldn't cut it. Just sayin'.

I remember him well. He and Ham hated each other. Mostly because he didn't want to play defense. He transferred to UCF I believe and ended up averaging like 20 ppg his senior year. Was on an NBA squad during training camp and got cut.

See, I had a feeling Swaby was fraudulent during his 48-ppg season when he mysteriously didn't play in either of North Miami's games against Miami High. Because he would have been exposed against the only good team in the county at the time.
He did transfer to UCF and wound up playing in a #1/#16 game in the tourney. Against Purdue, IIRC.
Can't believe he actually made it to a training camp.

Advertisement
Deandre Burnett, 6-foot-2 combo guard from Carol City High School. Dade County's leading scorer.

From Sourcehoops

Deandre Burnett, who is considered by most to be under the radar is certainly turning heads this season. Averaging a stunning 36 points, 4 assists, and 5 rebounds per contest for Carol City High School, Burnett is among the state leaders in points per game.

Although Carol City (14-4) is known to most as a football school, that is quickly changing with players like Deandre. Deandre is ranked as our number 22 best player in the class of 2012 but is certainly making a case to move up. Deandre’s recruitment is heating up as Miami (FL), Ole Miss, Lasalle, and Seton Hall have all offered according to AAU coach Major Parker. He visited Lasalle earlier this year, but plans to set up more visits after this season. Coach Parker coaches Team U, with whom Deandre played for this past summer. Coach Parker added this about Burnett, “Deandre is probably the toughest, most hardnosed competitor in Florida. Because of his high schools lack of success in the past, he doesn’t get the recognition he deserves.”

Burnett’s decision will most likely not come in until the end of the year with the help of his high school and AAU coaches. He is not leaning towards any particular school at this point. “I’m just trying to focus on this high school season and feeling all the schools out right now,” Deandre added.

See, I had a feeling Swaby was fraudulent during his 48-ppg season when he mysteriously didn't play in either of North Miami's games against Miami High. Because he would have been exposed against the only good team in the county at the time.
He did transfer to UCF and wound up playing in a #1/#16 game in the tourney. Against Purdue, IIRC.
Can't believe he actually made it to a training camp.

just committ

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back