2023 DE Jayden Wayne (Commits to the Canes!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro..the Rams already have a HoF DL, HoF OT and added an arguably a HoF QB..but you pointed out the play Kupp made on the pass from his QB set up by blocking from his HoF OT..I don’t think this was a good example my boy

Advertisement
what matters is high end QBs. WRs are still a distant second probably third behind OL.

Last year Vikings were top WR team and suck. Same with the cowboys, albeit they at least win their trash division.

Teams with good WR corps like the bengals win with QB play. For example, did the rams WRs get that much better from 20 to 21 or did something else change? OBJ isn’t that much of an upgrade over Van Jefferson to explain the difference.

Point in all this is if I’m a GM and can get a generational DE or WR I go with the DE because the modern game requires a good WR trio. Three 8s are better than a 10 and 2 6s. The Brady example proves this because none of the guys you mention are all time wide outs (2020 AB isn’t prime AB).
OBJ is a massive upgrade over van and I really like van.

Mike evans is a hof level wr, 8 straight 1k seasons

You need a good oline for sure and im not mad if one takes an elite dlineman or olineman over the elite wr, I really think jalen is a bad example for this point…but in todays league wr is either 2a/2b or 3rd its very clear

Even Brady’s play dropped when he didn’t have wrs that can create separation later in his NE years…But what happened when he had randy? Broke records, what happened when he went to tampa with an elite wr core? People can’t believe he’s putting up career numbers at 40 something lol

OBJ is a massive upgrade over van and I really like van.

Mike evans is a hof level wr, 8 straight 1k seasons

You need a good oline for sure and im not mad if one takes an elite dlineman or olineman over the elite wr, I really think jalen is a bad example gor this point…but in todays league wr is either 2a/2b or 3rd its very clear

Evens Brady’s play dropped when he didn’t have wrs that can create separation later in his NE years…But what happened when he had randy? Broke records, what happened when he went to tampa with an elite wr core? People can’t believe he’s putting up career numbers at 40 something lol
After randy how many super bowls did Tom win in NE? I like him but Mike Evans isn’t a top ten wide out in the nfl today.

We can all agree EVERY position on the field is important. Football is probably the ultimate team sport but I’m saying that there are positions more important than others. I think we all are arguing 2 different things..what’s actually important to a teams success and what the team values are two different concepts. Not arguing what the league values more..I’m arguing there are levels & the WR position isn’t on that top level IMO.

Advertisement
After randy how many super bowls did Tom win in NE? Mike Evans isn’t a top ten wide out in the nfl today.
Mike evans statistically is a top 10 WR regardless of accolades. And Tom Brady is Tom Brady if that’s what you want to base your model off of, a one in a lifetime guy you’re grasping

After randy how many super bowls did Tom win in NE? I like him but Mike Evans isn’t a top ten wide out in the nfl today.
He only had a generational TE and edelmen/amendola who he campaigned for, they create great separation and fit that system…and the league has changed alot since then but i hear u lol

And saying mike evans isnt top 10 is a debate im not gonna entertain lol

He only had a generational TE and the league has changed alot since then but i hear u lol

And saying mike evans isnt top 10 is a debate im not gonna entertain lol
You can not entertain it but PFF has him at 21 last year. He’s a solid contributor but he’s not adams tier and never was.

You can not entertain it but PFF has him at 21. He’s a solid contributor but he’s not adams tier and never was.
If u thought I wasn’t gonna entertain u saying it..im definitely not entertaining ***** pff lmfao

Him not being on tae level who’s the best by far doesn’t mean he’s not top 10

Advertisement
If u thought I wasn’t gonna entertain u saying it..im definitely not entertaining ***** pff lmfao
No one in America has him as a top 10 receiver going into 22. That’s not saying he’s a scrub but there are levels and layers and he’s not close to Hill Adams Kupp chase and the next tier of guys still outshine him.

Evans is only WR in history to start career with 8 1,000 yard seasons. You obviously aren't the one to carry on this argument.
He’s a consistently very good player. You taking him over Adam or Hill at any time in his career?

Edit: I’m not even sure what the debate is as I like evens a lot and the TB WR corps proves my point. Fringe top 10 guy with 2 other talents wins games. Evans making 16m per is great value and let’s you build a winner.

I love these announcements on weekends when I’m off. Always a lot of fun on the board. Anyone else this weekend ?

Everybody's on board.

1657288719808.png

Advertisement
He’s a consistently very good player. You taking him over Adam or Hill at any time in his career?
Evans has been top 10 or borderline the entirety of his career. His production dropped with Brady because he distributes the ball more but pre Brady you couldn't find 10 better.

• Agree
Reactions: E1k
Advertisement
Please keep this thread to Jayden Wayne.

You are all welcome to argue the merits of Mike Evans on a thread about the merits of Mike Evans. All it takes for that to happen is for one of you to start a thread about the merits of Mike Evans and the rest of you can then provide your opinions about Mike Evans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back