2023 DE Jayden Wayne (Commits to the Canes!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you guys saying WR’s aren’t at least on par with edges today are old school cats. Georgia might have had the best front 7 in CFB history (very arguable) and none of it would have mattered had Bama had it’s 1 and 2 wideouts. They both would have went over 100 yards and Bama would have won, again
And bama’s oline was mediocre last year lol but they still could’ve won that game. Proof is right there for people to see

Advertisement
I think you guys saying WR’s aren’t at least on par with edges today are old school cats. Georgia might have had the best front 7 in CFB history (very arguable) and none of it would have mattered had Bama had it’s 1 and 2 wideouts. They both would have went over 100 yards and Bama would have won, again
Modern game is timing. You don’t need 3 elite WRs. See Tom Brady or Drew Brees’s entire career. You need guys who can get one step separation on cuts. Bonus if you have a burner who can track deep balls. You can neutralize a pass rush with quick game but that has situational limitations.

WeR2-D2I think you guys saying WR’s aren’t at least on par with edges today are old school cats. Georgia might have had the best front 7 in CFB history (very arguable) and none of it would have mattered had Bama had it’s 1 and 2 wideouts. They both would have went over 100 yards and Bama would have won, again
Exactly at most WR and Edge are 2A/2B.

Modern game is timing. You don’t need 3 elite WRs. See Tom Brady or Drew Brees’s entire career. You need guys who can get one step separation on cuts. Bonus if you have a burner who can track deep balls. You can neutralize a pass rush with quick game but that has situational limitations.
I wouldn’t use Tom Brady and drew Bree’s entire career for what’s taken place the last 5 or so years. Tom terrific had mike evans, chris godwin and ab on his super bowl Tampa roster with others which counters your point. Today WR is premium

Advertisement
I wouldn’t use Tom Brady and drew Bree’s entire career for what’s taken place the last 5 or so years. Tom terrific had mike evans, chris godwin and ab on his super bowl Tampa roster with others which counters your point. Today WR is premium
I think the patriot’s system is an outlier to be honest.

Advertisement
I’ve never seen a chip won or lost purely by WR play. &&you probably never will cause football don’t work like that. Not in this era or any era lol

• Agree
Reactions: E1k
Bama also had an elite front on both ends.

what matters is high end QBs. WRs are still a distant second probably third behind OL.

Last year Vikings were top WR team and suck. Same with the cowboys, albeit they at least win their trash division.

Teams with good WR corps like the bengals win with QB play. For example, did the rams WRs get that much better from 20 to 21 or did something else change? OBJ isn’t that much of an upgrade over Van Jefferson to explain the difference.

Point in all this is if I’m a GM and can get a generational DE or WR I go with the DE because the modern game requires a good WR trio. Three 8s are better than a 10 and 2 6s. The Brady example proves this because none of the guys you mention are all time wide outs (2020 AB isn’t prime AB).

Advertisement
&&please I beg..stop using CIN as an example..they were good last year but I am willing to bet they miss playoffs this season. Only so far you can get when your QB is literally throwing for his life down after down..not a productive way to keep your QB upright with a billion WRs but no one to block for em

Advertisement
&&please I beg..stop using CIN as an example..they were good last year but I am willing to bet they miss playoffs this season. Only so far you can get when your QB is literally throwing for his life down after down..not a productive way to keep your QB upright with a billion WRs but no one to block for em
Who did the rams go to when the super bowl was on the line? They didn’t run the ball behind their HOF LT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back