2023 DE Jayden Wayne (Commits to the Canes!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 52-10 victory under Diaz is the largest margin of victory for Miami in the series since 1976. I guess he emptied the bench so you could call that mercy but no Miami team in the championship era has beaten an FSU team that badly.

Even the undefeated 2013 FSU squad with Jameis beat us 41-14 (They beat Clemson 51-14) that year. People are ridiculous with some of these hopes and predictions. A win will always be just that against FSU. Nobody is talking about 52-10 anymore, they're talking about 4th and 14....bet 4th and 14 gets pushed aside for whatever happens this year too.

Advertisement
Even the undefeated 2013 FSU squad with Jameis beat us 41-14 (They beat Clemson 51-14) that year. People are ridiculous with some of these hopes and predictions. A win will always be just that against FSU. Nobody is talking about 52-10 anymore, they're talking about 4th and 14....bet 4th and 14 gets pushed aside for whatever happens this year too.
It’s a rivalry and there’s been very few blowouts over the years. On paper they should have blown us out every year when it was Jimbo vs Golden but the games were almost always battles. Even that 41-14 game against FSU’s all time greatest team was close at the half. If anyone is expecting a 60-0 game they haven’t been watching all these years.

Advertisement
On top of what? People on top aren’t having to work as hard as Miami coaches are. I’m glad to have a coach that understands how hard you have to work to get to the top. They really out here earring them checks
Apparently those on top that you say aren't needing to work as hard better re-evaluate their position on that..............

Advertisement
It’s a rivalry and there’s been very few blowouts over the years. On paper they should have blown us out every year when it was Jimbo vs Golden but the games were almost always battles. Even that 41-14 game against FSU’s all time greatest team was close at the half. If anyone is expecting a 60-0 game they haven’t been watching all these years.
I don’t think that 2013 team would beat that 1999 team…JMO

lil wayne swag GIF

5 star Wayne me!

No he probably would. And who cares? Are you really miffed young guys got playing time in a blowout?
It's all fun and games until a starter gets hurt in a game you're winning by 40.

Besides, it's much more embarrassing for an opponent to empty their bench and play all their scrubs against you than it is for them to keep their starters in and run up the score.

Our backup kicker got on the scoreboard against FSU in 2020. How many times does that happen in a game where the starter isn't injured?

I don’t think that 2013 team would beat that 1999 team…JMO
I mean, yeah it's debatable. Their 2013 team blew out every single team they played though but you could argue their schedule was pretty much a joke until the championship game which was close.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The 52-10 victory under Diaz is the largest margin of victory for Miami in the series since 1976. I guess he emptied the bench so you could call that mercy but no Miami team in the championship era has beaten an FSU team that badly.
Duck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back