2023 DE Jayden Wayne (Commits to the Canes!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played this a few weeks ago at an arcade beer bar. Had a blast. Was doing numbers with Rony Seikaly šŸ¤£

Rony was str8 money, yo. W/ The Heat??! Easy buckets from the 3 pt line. But nothing was like the secret codes to add The Phoenix Mascot, Mortal Kombat players, or secret stars.

They need to bring this game back, fr.

Advertisement
I stated before I hoped to steal one elite recruit per year from the West Coast. If this really happens, I may need to adjust my goals to 2-4 per year from the west coast which is roughly what Mario was able to grab from the East coast when he was in Oregon.
I would say you should adjust your goals to 2-4 per year lol. Mario is still really popular here in the PNW. You just canā€™t erase the relationships heā€™s already established with the high school coaches in Oregon and Washington. Heā€™s done A LOT of good.

Heā€™s getting the #1 player in Washington and Oregon this cycle. I canā€™t see that changing anytime soon. Even more so, if said players go to Miami, get developed and ball out. Heā€™s just still very much respected here and rightfully so.

View attachment 193683View attachment 193684

Pretty much accepted it once the move happened, so not many tears.

Like I said, besides that one butt-hurt fan from UO, theyā€™ve been real chill. In case yaā€™ll donā€™t remember, we had a cool back & forth w/ them back in 2014 when they smoked FSU in the CFP w/ the meme of their Duck dapping up our Ibis saying we got u cousin.

Thereā€™s no animosity from those guys, for the most part. UO fans r pretty reasonable & chill.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Agree. Far from over but this definitely looks like a "Win and look competitive and i'm signing on the dotted line" type situation. No more silly losses to UVA and FSU this season and we will be writing our own ticket with many of these elite kids.
u think hes also pitching we need you guys we arent there yet cause we need you. It could be what u said or it could be that. I think Mario is capable of locking kids in no matter record IMO but time will tell. I think hes just one of those special rare recruiters like Nick and Kirby

NOTHA ONE

Attachments

• 4ECDC91F-08F5-4C53-960F-77F52BFEC073.png
    4ECDC91F-08F5-4C53-960F-77F52BFEC073.png
    978 KB · Views: 735
Advertisement
It's something completely different, Miami versus Washington and the Pacific NW.

If I was picking a state, I'd pick Washington ahead of Florida. I grew up in SFL and I think a lot of us are drawn to something different from what we're used to.

Having half a lifetime of experience and traveling many places here and abroad, I certainly prefer seasons. I love mountains. The coastal areas in the NW are different, but breathtaking.

Either way, he sounds like someone that's really bonded with Mario and the staff he brought with him. Trust is such a key component in recruiting.

Hope we land him.

I'm thinking alot of recruits prefer sunshine, non-rioting, bikinis, not incessant protests, beaches, diverse populations, etc.

I had to spend 3 months in Seattle, and it was SOOOOO much worse than I thought.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The class of 2023 will be Top 10. Book it. Fvck it. The class of 2023 will be Top 6-7. Get ready for it.

Idk though...because if we land the Cali kid AC, then land Wayne, we pretty much got Bain, so there's one spot left. Idk if Mario will play the waiting game for Harbor if Howard wants in. Wayne-AC-Howard-Bain is an elite DE class.

I still think Mario would take Harbor if at the end he wanted in because we don't know what AC is going to grow into, and Harbor can play a few different positions even though most agree his $$$ position is DE
bro, if Harbor would want in, that boy has a spot NO MATTER WHAT. Harbor might be the freakiest recruit coming out since Clowney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back