2023 DE Jayden Wayne (Commits to the Canes!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you on seasons and mountains, but I actually think most people are attracted to what they grew up with.

I am from DC, went to Miami and then moved back to DC. I enjoyed my time at Miami, but could never live there with one of the reasons being seasons. Conversely, I had several friends from FL who went to Miami that ended up in DC after and then went back to FL. Obviously there are other factors at play (friends, family), but anecdotally my experience is people like the weather they grew up with (unless they grew up Siberia or something).

There's certainly both types. Those that like the familiar and those who move to somewhere unlike what they grew up with. That and they're scared of setting out in their own, taking that leap.

Follow the family seems to be a big thing as well. Still have most of your family in DC? Mine are all over the place with my parents in FL and NC.

Some prefer to live somewhere other than where they like to vacation.

All sorts and the Siberia part cracked me up. As we're talking about young people, recruits, they're still big dreamers before life hits home.

Advertisement
Asian American Dance GIF by NETFLIX

Advertisement
It's something completely different, Miami versus Washington and the Pacific NW.

If I was picking a state, I'd pick Washington ahead of Florida. I grew up in SFL and I think a lot of us are drawn to something different from what we're used to.

Having half a lifetime of experience and traveling many places here and abroad, I certainly prefer seasons. I love mountains. The coastal areas in the NW are different, but breathtaking.

Either way, he sounds like someone that's really bonded with Mario and the staff he brought with him. Trust is such a key component in recruiting.

Hope we land him.
I get it! I hope we do also

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It's something completely different, Miami versus Washington and the Pacific NW.

If I was picking a state, I'd pick Washington ahead of Florida. I grew up in SFL and I think a lot of us are drawn to something different from what we're used to.

Having half a lifetime of experience and traveling many places here and abroad, I certainly prefer seasons. I love mountains. The coastal areas in the NW are different, but breathtaking.

Either way, he sounds like someone that's really bonded with Mario and the staff he brought with him. Trust is such a key component in recruiting.

Hope we land him.
Can’t say it enough because it’s so true. Genuine relationships built on trust matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back