DE HARVEY ENTERS THE TOP 247

avax

Sophmore
247Sports has moved Miami Hurricanes weak-side defensive end commit Jahfari Harvey from a three-star prospect to inside the Top247 for the 2019 recruiting class as his grade goes from an 88 to a 93. The 6-foot-3, 225 pound Vero Beach (Fla.) standout started creating serious buzz in the Sunshine State back in May during the Spring Evaluation Period.

It was then when college contacts kept mentioning Harvey as a player that impressed during Vero Beach’s practices. One stating that Harvey was much closer in talent to Top247 defensive end Khris Bogle than the rankings suggested after seeing both in the same week.

After a strong performance at Miami’s Paradise Camp at the end of July, and an impressive seven tackle, two sack performance showing early this season, 247Sports moved Harvey up to No. 139 in the nation and No. 17 in the state of Florida, while also checking in as the No. 10 weak-side defensive end for the 2019 class.

What jumps out about Harvey is his sheer athleticism as a pass rusher. He is explosive, fluid, and under control with his movements. Harvey has basketball background, which you can see as he spins past offensive tackles to get to the quarterback. As a junior Harvey recorded 12 sacks with a total of 91 tackles.

Advertisement
I know you don’t post much so I’m going to tell you this ONE TIME because I’m feeling good today. Check to make sure there isn’t an active thread on a particular player before create another one. Other than that great info

I've watched this kid play and let me tell you he is the real deal. Super athletic and smart player. Looking forward to going to the home games this year.

Advertisement
247Sports has moved Miami Hurricanes weak-side defensive end commit Jahfari Harvey from a three-star prospect to inside the Top247 for the 2019 recruiting class as his grade goes from an 88 to a 93. The 6-foot-3, 225 pound Vero Beach (Fla.) standout started creating serious buzz in the Sunshine State back in May during the Spring Evaluation Period.

It was then when college contacts kept mentioning Harvey as a player that impressed during Vero Beach’s practices. One stating that Harvey was much closer in talent to Top247 defensive end Khris Bogle than the rankings suggested after seeing both in the same week.

After a strong performance at Miami’s Paradise Camp at the end of July, and an impressive seven tackle, two sack performance showing early this season, 247Sports moved Harvey up to No. 139 in the nation and No. 17 in the state of Florida, while also checking in as the No. 10 weak-side defensive end for the 2019 class.

What jumps out about Harvey is his sheer athleticism as a pass rusher. He is explosive, fluid, and under control with his movements. Harvey has basketball background, which you can see as he spins past offensive tackles to get to the quarterback. As a junior Harvey recorded 12 sacks with a total of 91 tackles.

You going to cite where you got the article from??

Advertisement
Does this mean he's committing somewhere else? This usually doesn't happen unless they're going to another school

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back