2023 DE/Edge board (2023 Edition)

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
I thought I had a pretty good understanding of our edge board but given that I discovered from @DMoney that Damon Wilson (first brought to our attention by @imurcane ) is a priority when he appeared like someone we were recruiting in the background, clearly I don't. This is modus operandi for Mario. Move in silence so when opposing schools find out we're in a strong position, its too late to recover. The other thing I don't know right now is how many slots we have targeted. But I have to assume that if all our priorities want in, we'd take them. That could mean somewhere between 3-5.

So here we go, a thread to discuss 2023 edges.

These are the known 2023 edge priorities (this is my priority order, IDK what the staff's is)

• Jayden Wayne (COMMIT)
  • Collins Acheampong (COMMIT, saw the light and chose the real UM)
  • Reuben Bain (COMMIT)
  • Damon Wilson (UGA)
  • Nyckoles Harbor
  • Samuel M'Pemba (UGA)
  • Jaquavius Russaw (Alabama)
  • Keon Keeley (Alabama)
  • Jaxon Howard (picked LSU, needs to ensure Kelly doesn't ask him to climb any towers)

Other 2023 Prospects/Sleepers that we may be after or don't know that the staff has prioritized (thanks @ToTheHouse )

• Dylan Gooden
  • Rico Walker

2024 Implications

As usual, what we sign in 2023 will affect what we can sign in 2024.

2024 Edges (Priority). Please add names and I'll update the OP

• Nigel Smith
  • Booker Pickett Jr. (at Elite Prospects camp so a priority)?
  • Dylan Stephenson
  • Willis McGahee IV
2024 Prospects (may or may not be priorities to the staff). Starting off this list with the info from @Hurricane Warrior and supplemented by @Liberty City El

• Elijah Rushing
  • Jonathan Echols
  • Zina Umeozulu
  • Colin Simmons (from Duncanville TX)
  • King Joseph Edwards (from Buford GA)
  • Eddrick Houston (from Buford GA)
  • Dylan Stewart (from DC)
  • Jeremiah Marcelin (from Norland)
  • Gavench Marcelin (from Belen Jesuit)
  • Dinellson Exume (from Miami Edison)
  • Eric Brantley

Last edited:
Advertisement
Looking at our current board and Kelly along w/Moss from 22, its pretty clear the type of edges Mario is after and the type of upgrades that are needed.

I thought I had a pretty good understanding of our edge board but given that I discovered from @DMoney that Damon Wilson is a priority when he appeared like someone we were recruiting in the background, clearly I don't. This is modus operandi for Mario. Move in silence so when opposing schools find out we're in a strong position, its too late to recover. The other thing I don't know right now is how many slots we have targeted. But I have to assume that if all our priorities want in, we'd take them. That could mean somewhere between 3-5.

These are the known 2023 edge priorities (this is my priority order, IDK what the staff's is)

• Jayden Wayne (COMMIT)
  • Reuben Bain
  • Damon Wilson
  • Nyckoles Harbor
  • Samuel M'Pemba
  • Collins Acheampong (picked the wannabe UM)
  • Jaxon Howard (picked LSU, needs to ensure Kelly doesn't ask him to climb any towers)

Other 2023 Prospects/Sleepers that we may be after or don't know that the staff has prioritized

• TBD (I will update the OP as the info becomes available)

2024 Implications

• Nigel Smith
  • Dylan Stephenson
  • Willis McGahee IV
2024 Prospects (may or may not be priorities to the staff). Starting off this list with the info from @Hurricane Warrior

• Elijah Rushing
  • Jonathan Echols
  • Zina Umeozulu
Jaquavius Russaw 5* in Alabama teammate of James Smith 5* DT we in it for both. Most speculating they want to play together. And another couple 4* edges they interested in like Dylan Gooden high 4* rank #167 overall in the country. Rico Walker from NC high 4* rank #179 all class 2023

Jaquavius Russaw 5* in Alabama teammate of James Smith 5* DT we in it for both. Most speculating they want to play together. And another couple 4* edges they interested in like Dylan Gooden high 4* rank #167 overall in the country. Rico Walker from NC high 4* rank #179 all class 2023
OP updated. I forgot about Russaw, thanks. Added Gooden & Walker to the prospect list to keep an eye on.

Advertisement
2024:
- Colin Simmons (from Duncanville TX)
- KingJoseph Edwards (from Buford GA)
- Eddrick Houston (from Buford GA)
- Dylan Stewart (from DC)
- Jeremiah Marcelin (from Norland)
- Gavench Marcelin (from Belen Jesuit)
- Dinellson Exume (from Miami Edison)

I thought I had a pretty good understanding of our edge board but given that I discovered from @DMoney that Damon Wilson is a priority when he appeared like someone we were recruiting in the background, clearly I don't. This is modus operandi for Mario. Move in silence so when opposing schools find out we're in a strong position, its too late to recover. The other thing I don't know right now is how many slots we have targeted. But I have to assume that if all our priorities want in, we'd take them. That could mean somewhere between 3-5.

• Jayden Wayne (COMMIT)
  • Reuben Bain
  • Damon Wilson
  • Nyckoles Harbor
  • Samuel M'Pemba
  • Jaquavius Russaw
  • Collins Acheampong (picked the wannabe UM)

Other 2023 Prospects/Sleepers that we may be after or don't know that the staff has prioritized (thanks @ToTheHouse )

• Dylan Gooden
  • Rico Walker

2024 Implications

• Nigel Smith
  • Dylan Stephenson
  • Willis McGahee IV
2024 Prospects (may or may not be priorities to the staff). Starting off this list with the info from @Hurricane Warrior and supplemented by @Liberty City El

• Elijah Rushing
  • Jonathan Echols
  • Zina Umeozulu
  • Colin Simmons (from Duncanville TX)
  • King Joseph Edwards (from Buford GA)
  • Eddrick Houston (from Buford GA)
  • Dylan Stewart (from DC)
  • Jeremiah Marcelin (from Norland)
  • Gavench Marcelin (from Belen Jesuit)
  • Dinellson Exume (from Miami Edison)

That’s cool. I ain’t even mad. Lol

That’s cool. I ain’t even mad. Lol
I've been tracking your Damon Wilson this entire time @imurcane , but until this week, we had no confirmation that Damon was a priority for the Canes. That's just how Mario rolls. You just don't know how serious it is until the battle is over.

Definitely not minimizing your work and I've updated the OP to reference the fact that you original brought Damon to our attention a long time ago.

Advertisement
I've been tracking your Damon Wilson this entire time @imurcane , but until this week, we had no confirmation that Damon was a priority for the Canes. That's just how Mario rolls. You just don't know how serious it is until the battle is over.

Definitely not minimizing your work and I've updated the OP to reference the fact that you original brought Damon to our attention a long time ago.

Its all good!! I want to see Damon leading us to glory!!

I put in some work last evening!!

Advertisement
Added Keon Keeley to the board and OP updated as @Cribby and @Da Jumbo Mutombo say we've been working on flipping him for a minute

Advertisement
Wilson is the dude I want the most. Instant impact guy (like Dallas Turner at Bama last year) and personality seems very Mario.
I’m thinking Bama maybe looking at Wilson and M’Pemba as their JACK like Dallas Turner, and hence why they didn’t push for Malik. I don’t think Keeley affects any of this.

I think Damon is old school Miami. I don't think he is even slightly worried about the defensive ends we are recruiting or on roster as far as it goes with his playing time. His mentality is he is the best and he shows you on the field. He has Swag and respectfully . . . reminds me of Woody in a sense!

Advertisement
Back