DE Breakdown

CanesDynasty

Recruit
Getting Deandre Johnson might turn out to be a huge addition. After him, I think Harvey has to start. I'm not expecting big sack numbers from our DE's this year, but at least have a couple of dudes who can apply pressure.

As far as depth goes, here's my thoughts after the spring game... I didn't see anything good from McCloud. Cam flashed a couple of times and Chantz was quiet. So, who here thinks Leonard Taylor can provide depth at DE in year one? We are deeper at DT and I feel Taylor can always slide inside at any given time, but there is an opportunity outside for him to contribute early on.

Advertisement
I believe that has been said about LT, as well as, @Cribby mentioned yesterday that if there was portal shopping, LB and DE/TE may be spots to complete the roster...

LB seems obvious to the casual observer, but TE/DE could mean a little more than meets the eye may be afoot post spring

I believe that has been said about LT, as well as, @Cribby mentioned yesterday that if there was portal shopping, LB and DE/TE may be spots to complete the roster...

LB seems obvious to the casual observer, but TE/DE could mean a little more than meets the eye may be afoot post spring
I’d expect a lb, not sure on other spots but imo they should take a look. Ive previously posted they want to get LT on the field at end , that was the original plan. I’m not sure if him enrolling later changes that but I hope it doesn’t. He could add size and length to sde , at least for obvious pass downs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm high on Cam Willams's potential. In his limited play time last year he seemed to always be pretty disruptive. He would often be just a half a second late but he would always move the QBs off of their desired throwing platform. I think under Simpson's tutelage and maybe another 8-10lbs this kid will end up being pretty **** good.Remember fellas you can't teach length and he got plenty.

Outside of Johnson’s it’s really a pretty green group. I’ll defer to the benefit of the doubt with Simpson/Diaz that the sack and pressure should be good. This group will probably be miles better come the end of the year.

Barry has always been terrible I think. In terms of Cam, not sure, hopefully nothing too serious.
Dude reports that Cam left the field on crutches. And you say, "dude is terrible"......but yeah he left the field on crutches.

Barry reported what exactly happened. Go away.

Advertisement
Have we confirmed Cam Williams is not on team anymore, or was that internet rumor fodder?
Yes

E7KbgJ4X0AQ4Fbp

Advertisement
With Silvera, Ford, Hunte, Miller as the top 4 DTs, they should allow Roberts and Taylor to play DE in 2021.

Who disagrees? Show yourselves.

Advertisement
I was thinking maybe JHH can help on the outside (DE) He's pretty quick for a 6-4 285lb guy. Just slide him outside when he's needed... He has lots of game experience and has made some plays on the inside...

I like the idea of E. Roberts to DE as well...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back