Dd Bowie ole miss wideout commit

brock

All-American
VIP scoop: Ole Miss losing grip on four-star WR D.D. Bowie

SAN ANTONIO - It's a complicated time for D.D. Bowie out of Morton (Miss.) High School. National signing day is one month away and Bowie has been committed to Ole Miss since October of 2015 but the No. 12 wide receiver in the country has some thinking to do.

(Photo: 247Sports)
On Sunday he checked in at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl and he was asked how firm he is in that commitment to Ole Miss. Bowie responded to say, "I'm undecided right now."

The 6-foot-1, 170-pounder confirmed that he does still consider himself a commitment to Ole Miss but he plans on taking some visits in January. At the heart of his indecision is the NCAA cloud that continues to linger around the Ole Miss program.

"I want to be safe from them getting suspended from bowl games and I don't know how many years [probation] is gonna be," Bowie said during Army Bowl check-in. "I want to go to NFL and do what's best for my family so I need to find a school and go with it."

There is no timetable on answers from the NCAA for Ole Miss. There is a timetable on Bowie's college decision though. National signing day is Feb. 1. Asked what he will do if he doesn't know the fate of the Rebels before signing day?

"Find somewhere else."

To that end, Bowie is taking an official visit to Mississippi State in January on the weekend of the 20th. He's also talking with coaches at Auburn and Miami and he's trying to set up a visit with them both.

"I feel like I would go to Mississippi State and compete for a starting spot," he said. "Do what I gotta do, go to class and I think I'd get drafted in the NFL."

As we talked, recent Florida State commit and five-star running back Cam Akers passed by wearing his Florida State hat. The fellow Mississippi native said that he's spending this week recruiting Bowie to Florida State. That's when Bowie revealed that he's likely waiting till signing day until he makes his commitment but "it depends on if I get the offer or not."

That offer he's referring to is Florida State.

Would you commit to Florida State if they offered you?

"Yes sir."

According to the 247Sports Composite, Bowie is ranked as the No. 85 player in the country. He is currently the only four-star committed to the Rebels in the class of 2017.

Don't like that news about fsu but Miami seems to be trying to bring him in for a visit

Last edited:
Advertisement
At the Dallas Nike Combine March 26, 2016--_ I like his size at 185 lbs--combine and now say on his Hudl he wights 197.
Bowie, D.D... 17.. WR.. Morton (MS).. MS.. 6-1(ht).. 185(wt).. 4.54(40-laser).. 4.34(shuttle).. 33.5(power ball).. 37.7(vertical).. 98.97(SPARQ Score)
for a Nike combine 40 it is quite good....vertical is very good

Last edited:
Advertisement
"How you want this search done?" "I want you to scour the earth for that motherf*cker..."

Advertisement
Looks a good prospect, like we are getting involved. Also as a side note, f*ck FSU.

Advertisement
Kid has already decommitted from Bama before. Wonder if he has to refund any money to both schools?

Advertisement
Looks a good prospect, like we are getting involved. Also as a side note, f*ck FSU.

They're going to continue to be a problem until things change on the field.

True that, be nice to go a day or two without having to read about them though...

One would think coming to a Canes board you could bypass the Akers/Cook suck off threads but that may be asking to much around here.

Advertisement
Back