DC to Watch For Chris Partridge (Current CO/DC for Kiffin)

Advertisement
The Ole Miss defense has been getting torched this year.

I want an experienced, independent-minded DC if Manny cans Baker. Bring someone in like Muschamp if you’re serious about winning.
LOL Have you seen what South Carolina's defense looked like this year?

Advertisement
Well, technically he's 85th. And he's at a lesser University than UM. He still snagged 2 4 Stars and an STA guy, and he will still have his guys drafted higher than Banda's, who by the same rankings isn't even the best recruiter on our defense. He has a body of work that Banda or anyone else on our defensive staff don't come close to comparing to.

I understand the sardonic snarkiness. It's all good. But Banda is no loss. No one on our defensive staff would be. They are all lower tier talents at best who are only in their current positions bc their down with the HC or are alumni.

I'd take Partridge in a quick second as DC.
He was awarded recruiter of the year in 2016 and 2017. Also was in the top 5 in 2019. He hasn’t even been at Ole Miss for a full year.

That’s because it’s his first year at Ol Miss. He was recruiter of the year in 2016 and 2017. And was in the top 5 Nationally in 2019. Do some research.
Bruh all Michigan did was hire dude to get the players at his high school.. not a crazy feat there. Even though we tried it with Dumph and he didn’t deliver the American heritage guys lol

Advertisement
I know it's a reach but Charlie Strong wasn't a bad DC. He had Florida's defense looking **** good and he's a great recruiter. He just mad a dumbazz decision to leave Louisville for Texas.

Also a terrific recruiter, and a bit of an "elder statesman" at this point. He can come in and give some perspective to Manny on some issues the program may have or things he may not be seeing as a first time HC, which would be incredibly valuable to the program.

This is the best year to make this change too. I honestly think guys like LT and James Williams signing will make this job more appealing. Not to mention they won't need to take over the worst defense in the country, as is the often the case for a new DC. Add in the change in transfer rule, and this defense is not far away from being elite with the right DC.

I'll say it again,CHARLIE STRONG. When he was at Florida the majority of his defense was from south florida. When he was HC at Louisville the majority of that team was from south florida. Do the math,he knows the area **** good.

Yep put me in the Charlie Strong for DC... that’s the only one that would be perfect in terms of scheme, coaching ability, and recruiting ability in SFL.

Advertisement
I'll say it again,CHARLIE STRONG. When he was at Florida the majority of his defense was from south florida. When he was HC at Louisville the majority of that team was from south florida. Do the math,he knows the area **** good.
He and Derek Mason would be my Number 1's, followed by Elliano and Brown.

Manny needs to make a play to get some sort of combination with one of em and TRob. They can be paid appropriately by combining titles (DC/LB Coach, DB coach ).

I think Manny is too scary to hire a guy like Skrong tho. He'd always think he was gunning for his job.

That’s because it’s his first year at Ol Miss. He was recruiter of the year in 2016 and 2017. And was in the top 5 Nationally in 2019. Do some research.
My point is the numbers are all over the place. Banda and Partridge can recruit. As can Corey Raymond... using the chart to **** on Banda when we know he can recruit is just silly....

Is he irreplaceable, no. Can he recruit, yes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If we even make an external change and you're looking for a "model," go with something closer to this:

Example 1: https://cyclones.com/sports/footbal...is in his,defensive coordinator at Iowa State.

Example 2: https://nusports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/mike-hankwitz/2577

- Greybeard, deep experience to complement Manny's perspectives
- Open-minded
- Willing to adjust philosophy

On a hire like this, stats, rankings, etc. should come second to principles/philosophy/motivtions. It's kind of a big deal (last chance).

Advertisement
Back